London Apartment with 2 Teens-Early July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've just acquired tickets for DH and me, plus 1 grandson 14, and 1 grandaughter 13 for a trip to London the first week of July, 2012..

DH and I have visited London a few times and we want to share this trip with the kids, and we think an apartment is best with kids this age. We'll arrive on a Monday and leave on Sunday, staying 6 nights. We're very comfortable using tube and buses, but I still don't want to be too far afield. I'd probably prefer Westminster/West End, Bloomsbury, or Kensington/Knightsbridge if a suitable location can be found.

I've looked at VRBO a little, and I think I'm comfortable paying up to 1500 pounds($2300), but the following things are important: 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, and we need 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom. I'd like to be 10 minutes or so walk to a tube station, and near some inexpensive restaurants and a grocery store.
We'll want to see all the key highlights, plus maybe go to Oxford for a day(their cousin is studying there).

I've submitted several inquiries to VRBO, but I know that some of you may have suggestions to help me out. Yes, it's early to book, but the Olympics start a couple of weeks later, and I'm an advance planner, anyway.

I appreciate any specific recommendations.
Thanks,
Barb
I've
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM

Dolphin House is a wonderfully quiet spot.The tranquillity is all the more surprising given its close proximity to Victoria, making it convenient for Westminster and ...
http://www.londontown.com/hotels/inf.../dolphin_house

my fav from personal experience

Beware VRBO Craigs List many tax cheats scammers

It is illegal for you to rent from an individual

Scotland Yard will not help you so a use reputable agency

Pay only with CC insuremytrip.com NEVER wire money.

Have a look over in Asia with VRBO a poor lady lost thousands

Caveat Emptor!
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM

www.deepblue-apartments.com has furnished apartments in multiple locations around the city, and because they do lots of corporate rentals, have a customer service staff (not to mention, are completely legal).
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Try coach House Vacation Rentals. My wife and I have used them twice and found them very satisfactory.
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM

Try A Place Like Home. There are TON(NE)S of rental agencies for London apartments so confining yourself to VRBO makes you ignore plenty of resources. For your price point, very nice apartments should be available (unless you're going during the Olympics, in which case mediocre to decent apts will be marked up to that price point).
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM

And be sure to check Trip Advisor before booking. The site has lots of feedback on individual apartments as well as the rental agencies. Dolphin House ranked 195 of 1066 hotels in London and the major complaint was overbooking and getting bumped to less desirable lodgings, which could be a problem for you in July. If I had checked Trip Advisor, I would not have booked with the renters I used in 2009.