London Apartment for 3 generations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for recommendations for neighborhoods and agencies to rent an apartment for a week in June of next summer for my wife and me, our two kids ages 4 and 9, and my parents (in their 70s but in better shape than I).

We've been to London many years ago before the kids, and my parents have been a few times recently. We'll be visiting a number of the standard London sights (with an emphasis on the kid-friendly ones). Access to a park or playground where the kids can run around from time to time would be very nice.

In the alternative my parents will stay at a hotel they like on the South Bank near Waterloo Station and we'll be looking for an apartment nearby for the four of us.
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:58 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
What is your budget.

There are several good agencies - but they tend to concentrate w/i different price ranges.

I'd think South Kensington would be a perfect neighborhood for the 6 of you. Near Hyde Park/Kens Gardens, 3 major museums, lots of kid friendly places to eat etc . . . .
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:02 AM
yk

Off-topic, Hi Janis! Welcome back! I hope you plan to post a trip report?

For the OP - I agree with South Kensington area as it's close to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. You can check out websites such as VRBO, Homeaway... Farnum and Christ is a reputable company as well, but I can never afford their apartments.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Another one to try is London Connection. We rented a flat in Mayfair in 2004 through them and we've reserved one in Knightsbridge this summer. One benefit is that they are headquartered in Utah and can be called on an 800 number. The number and pictures of the flats are on the web site.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi yk.

Yes - got back a on Sunday. I'll be doing a trip report for sure but it will likely be sometime next week. After I got home I picked up a viral bug of some sort and feel like crap Mostly sleeping/dozing all day. At least it waited til I was back home . . . . .
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:19 AM

My sister and her husband were VERY happy with the apartment they rented recently from this agency; in fact, they were so happy that they booked the flat again for next year:

http://www.uniquelyaplacelikehome.co.uk/home.html
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm really not sure of our budget right now, I'll probably price out the hotel option and work from there.