London and?

Aug 27th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

London and?

Hi, if you were visiting London and thought that 3 days was enough and you should add another stop to the trip (heck, if you're going all that way, might as well go for at least a week, right?), where else would you go that wouldn't be too much more $$$?

This would be in February with husband and 2 teenaged boys, thanks.
Aug 27th, 2007, 09:14 AM

If your boys like Harry Potter I was reading that there is a tour of the places where the filming takes place.
Just a thought.
Aug 27th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Have you all been to London before? There is tons to do, and if this is your first trip you could easily spend a week there.

That said, if you've already been or really want to stick to three days, you can easily get to Paris via the Eurostar. If you want to stay in the UK, you could do the Bath/Stonehenge area for a couple of days, go to York, or - my personal recommendation, especially with the boys - go to Edinburgh. Edinburgh would be about 4-5 hours by train, or you can catch a flight (not my preferred method, but others recommend it). Anywhere in Scotland will be cold in February, but... it's February. Since the days will be shorter, I think somewhere like Edinburgh or Paris would be better - more you can see at night.
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks anyway, I went and booked tickets to Costa Rica instead, I can never pass up a great deal ($250 all-in, roundtrip, non-stop from JFK to SJO in February, WOW!)
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:51 AM

Good choice!
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:21 AM

We have traveled with kids to both locations and I think this is the better choice. Have fun!
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:31 AM

We did a 4 night each London and Madrid. We ended up with this combo because at the time it was a great airfare (including the short hop between madrid and london), and none of us had been to Spain and I wanted to take my kids (young teens at the time) to London. We had already done family trips to Italy and a Paris/AMsterdam combo.

I know many people who have done the London/Paris combo (with kids) as well.

London is an expensive city, so I would think most any other city would be more reasonable than London. Flights within Europe are generally pretty reasonable as well.
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:32 AM

I just reread the other posts ans see you went for CR instead. That is a great deal on airfare!