London - Advice on flights

Apr 5th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

London - Advice on flights

Hello! I'm glad to have found these forums. I'm in the very early stages of planning our first trip to London. Thanks to the great advice on these forums, I have decided I will be using Bidding For Travel and Priceline to book our hotel. I have used Priceline in the past and had a great experience with them. What I am concerned about is the flight. We will be going sometime in October 2007. I would prefer to go early October, but I'm flexible. Where should I start looking for flights? What airlines have you used in the past? What is an approximate price for a round-way trip ticket? I know flights and taxes have recently gone up quite a bit. As far as deals, when would these start popping up? August? In the past, where have you found the best flight deals? Thank you! Looking forward to your responses!
Apr 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention that we will be flying out of New York City.
Apr 5th, 2007, 09:34 AM

kayak.com is a good place to start looking for flights - it searches lots of other sites and returns the prices, then directs you to where to buy.
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Since you are flying out of the Northeast/NYC you have lots of choices.

Besides kayak - also sign upp for Orbitz' and all the individual airline e-mail alerts. You will get a notice when a fare sale breaks. Don't worry which airline so much - just get the best fare.

On Orbitz you can plug in a $# and they will send you a notice whenever that fare or lower is found.
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM

Also sign up for British Airway's emails http://www.britishairways.com/travel...g/public/en_us You will get notice of special offers. They are a good airline to fly with.

Apr 5th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

janisj:
Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware that you could do this. Appreciate it!
Does anyone know what a good deal might be for the last week in September or anytime in October?

<<On Orbitz you can plug in a $# and they will send you a notice whenever that fare or lower is found. >>
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Check out farecompare.com. You can see who is flying there for the least.