London Accommodations for a Family?

Old May 15th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Accommodations for a Family?

I can looking for a hotel with connecting rooms for a family of four. With teenagers, space is a requirement.

Do any of the hotels offer discounts when booking 2 rooms? Or is it a standard fee for both rooms?

Any recommendations for hotels would be appreciated. Interested in 3 -4 stars, that is centrally located to see the sights.
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:39 AM

We have always found that the best value and most sensible option when we travelled with the whole family was an apartment.There are heaps in central London with a huge price range to suit everybody. If you do a search for London apartments you'll be fine.
Sally
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:01 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes - a flat would give you more space and usually for less money that 2 rooms. Check out http://www.scala-house.co.uk/ for just one example.

Then do a search since there a many threads on here about apartments in London.
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:34 AM

Hi,

Many families like apartments or flats as do I on some occasions. However, I also enjoy getting two rooms at a B&B because breakfast is included, my room is cleaned each day, fresh towels are available as needed, and the staff at the hotel/B&B is available for assistance and recommendations. Definitely consider an apartment, but I would not discount the advantages of a B&B.

We travelled to London in December with our 2 sons, ages 11 and 14 at the time. Connecting rooms are rare, especially at smaller places, but we had rooms directly next door to each other which worked out fine. We stayed at the B&B Belgravia (not to be confused with another hotel of a similar name on the same street). The address is http://www.bb-belgravia.com/ This is not a super deluxe place, but was very nice with excellent service and great breakfasts. The location was good. The only caveat is that I do not believe they have A/C....depending on when you are going, that might be a consideration. As we visited in December, it was not an issue for us.

Hope that helps. Have a great trip!

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:43 AM

It doesn't hurt to ask. We booked 2 such rooms and the hotel did give us a slight discount (< 10%). This was a coupl eof years ago at the Cranley Gardens hotel in So. Kens.

The rooms were small and the bathrooms tiny (and could have use a facelift), but having 2 of them helped. 1 room has a queen bed, and the other 2 twins. There was not much space for cloths or suitcases but it was manageable. The hotel itself was pleasant and clean. The breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. I liked the nieghborhood. It was near 2 tube stops, some nice restaurants and several museums. It was a quiet area, not overly touristy.