london

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
london

we intend to visit london for about 8 days and would appreciate info on bed and breakfast(preferably in the range of approx 50 euros per day)in a good location central for sightseeing,shopping etc.we are a family of 3 adults.thank you,shabirnc.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 09:21 PM

Is that 50 Euros per person per day?
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 09:36 PM

To clarify, 50 Euros per day is probably not enough even for 3 dorm beds in a hostel.

Given the great deals you can get in London on Priceline, I think a two-room bid might be your best bet. But maybe there are some suitable B&Bs - but I bet the very cheapest centrally located one would be about 70 pounds per day for 3 people.
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:14 AM

If you're looking for ONE room with 3 separate beds & ensuite (in the room) bathroom for 50 euros you're out of luck I think. In London the currency is POUNDS BTW. 50 euros=35.42GBP at current rates!

There are many B & Bs on Cartwright Gardens in Bloomsbury which is well located for your purposes. Some rooms have private baths & some share. These are not fancy places but OK. Two I know are the Avalon and the Jenkins. Another place you might check is St Margaret's in the same neighborhood. You can read reviews here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t=Hotel_Review

In not as central location (Earl's Court), the Barkston Gardens might work.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n_England.html
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Maira

I stayed at the Victoria Inn (off Belgrave Road) and noticed this B&B is very popular with families. The neighborhood is great; quiet and safe. About 15 min walk to Victoria Station, about 5-7 minute walk to Pimlico Station, about one mile from Buckingham Palace. The cost for a double in Feb was about $90; included breakfast.

As far as your specifications, you may need to reframe; central for sightseeing....what? What month are you going? Is Harrod's the type of shopping you are referring to? The sightseeing in London is spread about with selection of neighborhood, rather than a specific landmark as a key element for good lodging location. I see it a bit difficult that you'll find decent lodging for three in a central London location at 50 Euros per day, but who knows. The metro in London is superb and it should take you and your family to just about any point in London with no great difficulty.