Lodging suggestion Grindewald

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you think of the Hotel Belvedere? Is the food good? It looks nice online. We are hiking but want a nice, comfortable place to stay.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:59 AM

Hi krissykris,

I stayed in the Belvedere once, in 1999. I didn't go back because I don't like the decor -- modern/business. I much prefer the Schweizerhof, a member of the Romantik group. I think the owners of these hotels are brothers -- ??

Have fun!

s
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 04:27 AM
dkw

We stayed at the Belvedere for 5 nights in May 2003. We loved it and are trying to figure out when we can go back.

We stayed in a Junior Suite with a balcony and couldn't have been more pleased with our decision. Our balcony had a spectacular view of the Eiger and the valley below. Our room was one of the most comfortable rooms we have ever stayed in. Our room was large with both a sitting area and sleeping area. The bathroom was nicely appointed and large by hotel standards. We still laugh about the hi-tech toilet in our suite It had a built in bidet of sorts, an air dryer and a fan to eliminate any possible odors. It had more instructions than any toilet I have ever seen.

The staff was helpful and friendly. They booked paragliding for us (we never were able to go because of fog) and helped us map out some short hikes.

Our 5 night package included half-board, which we didn't plan on using every night (we like to try new places), but the food was so good we ate there all 5 nights of our stay. They offered about 3 entree selections every evening and the menu never repeated during the time we were there. The restaurant has a wall of windows that face the valley and the Eiger. Our first night there we were completely entertained by about a dozen paragliders while we were eating dinner. What a sight!!

They have a nice pool area, which I understand from the newsletter that we still recieve, has been recently (or is being) enlarged and improved.

We plan on returning sometime in the near future and would like to stay this next time for at least a week.

Old Mar 11th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
In 2003, we had a nice stay at Hotel Gletschergarten. Great mountain views, spacious room and a pretty nice dinner, too. The people there are very friendly and gave us numerous options of where to hike, get trains and gondolas, etc.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!