loch ness in winter?

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 03:41 PM
wanda

loch ness in winter?

Would it be stupid to go to see the loch ness in winter (early january)?

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Mary

Why do you ask? Would this be a dedicated trip or a side-trip because you are in the vicinity?

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 08:26 PM
janis

To drive from Edinburgh just to see Loch ness - not a very good idea (If I were rude I would call it stupid).<BR><BR>To drive there from Inverness or Ft William if you were already staying in the area - not stupid.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Eli

Besides, wouldn't the monster be hybernating in January?

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Sheila

The monster only come out in the tourist season<BR><BR>I drove down Loch Ness side the Saturday before New Year at about 1pm. My husband followed two hours later. I was fine; he was in a white out blizzard. <BR><BR>The answer is it's not stupid, but plan, keep asking and have a plan B.<BR><BR>Why Loch Ness anyway?

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Snoopy

No, it's never stupid to do what you want to do when you are on vacation. You might be doing something that other people think is stupid (as indicated on this post). But you should ignore any post that answers a subjective question objectively.<BR><BR>Uh, wait a minute. It might be stupid if you are expecting to be able to feed the monster. Like Sheila says, watch the weather and have an alternate plan. I'd be wary of answering Sheila's "why" question.<BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:32 AM
frank

You can find many prettier/more atmospheric places nearer Edinburgh.<BR>FYI, the story about the monster is the same as the story about Sant Claus - its your father all the time.<BR>Monster hunters should also check out Loch Morar.(monsters name is Morag)

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:52 AM
brownie

We spent new years eve in the vicinity 2 years ago and loved it. <BR><BR>I don't see why it would be stupid. *shrug*<BR><BR>-brownie