Locanda Antico Fiore Hotel Venice??

Mar 18th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Locanda Antico Fiore Hotel Venice??

Hello everyone,
I have been unable to find anything about this hotel in Venice. I would surely appreciatte any info anyone might be able to pass along.. www.anticofiore.com
The location seems good and the price seemed like a great price for Venice.
Rec'd a price of 125.00 for a double with breakfast included.
Happy Travels,
Gary in Fort Lauderdale
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

As a child I remember a episode of The Twilight Zone about a Hotel from Hell..Someone please tell me this is not the place..LOL
Really just topping....
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:56 AM

Gary,
After your last post (LOL) I did a web search for you. While I was unable to find any reviews of this place, I did check their website as well as the following one which shows slightly different photos
http://www.invenicetoday.com/hotelanticofiore/rooms.htm
It is considered a B&B. The location is convenient(near the Rialto bridge but on a side Rio with water access if you want to take a water taxi). The rooms looked fine (if you don't mind stripes!) The only negative apparent in these photos was the seemingly TINY size of the private bath (& did you specify private bath because some rooms don't have one?) The only other possible problem might be noise early in the morning from the markets at the Rialto bridge. I couldn't tell from the map how close the place is to the market.
Hope this is some help. BTW, in this price range Fodorites would recommend the Galleria. Have you checked them out?
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

MCLAURIE... Thanks I checked ot the Galleria and liked it alot, unforunately they were completely booked.Thanks for the info on th Antioc Fiore..
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:07 AM

You're welcome. Are you still looking or will you try it?
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:37 AM

I was curious myself so I did a search.
Location okay, pictures look great, not surprising. They have a/c which is great but I didn't see any mention of an elevator if that is an issue.
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

I e-mailed them and rec'd a very quick reply stating I have a superior room with a private bathroom and canal view.
The location seems good so I think I will go for it. The e-mails have been great and the people seem very nice.There is no elevator but only one flight of stairs to my room. Hopefully it is ok and I can post good reviews.
I really appreciatte everyones help with this.
Happy travels
Gary
Mar 20th, 2003, 05:18 AM

Gary
Please do report back
buon viaggio
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:43 AM

Gary (or anyone else), how was the hotel? I do like stripes but it is excessive here(lol) gt;)It interests me because they think a triple room will be about 140 euro next year and that sounds pretty good.

Feb 8th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Hello everyone, This is a vbery long overdue response to this Hotel in Venice. First off we fell madly in love with Italy on this trip. We stayed in Rome, Assisi, Siena, Florence, and Venice on this trip. I think this hotel was our most favorite of all. It was very clean, very friendly, mother and son team that run the place were incredible. I could not imagine staying elsewhee on out next visit to Venice.By far the best cappucinno in Italy also.