Ljubljana Day trips

Search

Ljubljana Day trips

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ljubljana Day trips

I read in another thread about www.3glav-adventures.com tour company but their trips seem to leave from Bled. I will be in Ljubljana Sept.17 and 18 and I am interested in tours leaving from Ljubljana. Any web links for these. I did like the prices of 3glav-adventures tours though. I would like a trip visiting Postojna Cave and some other sights in area. I know I can go by bus to cave but would prefer to include some other things.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 12:58 AM

There are many options from Ljubljana. Here are some more ideas:
1) Predjama Castle--can be combines with Postojna because it is about 5 kms away. Old Robber baron castle built into the side of a cave. Very interesting.
2) Piran - Seaside town with a lot of charm.
3) The Goriska Brda--Take a wine tour, sample the cuisine accompanied by specific Goriska Brda wines. This is a region that borders Italy and it is about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Ljubljana. Very beautiful! We were just there this weekend!
4) Bled (of course) but also Bohinj. Bohinj is a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains. Very peaceful and not developed. You could also do the Vintgar Gorge which is a very easy hike along the gorge. Think emerald forest and rushing water.
5) Soca River Valley--go white water rafting or canyoning. Soca River is drop dead gorgeous. Towns to explore include Bovec and Kobarid. If you are a history fanatic, there is a very good WW1 museum in Kobarid. Again, this is a very athletic area and your hotel in Lj. can give you specifics.

I will check around for the websites, but your hotel will have the details, as will the tourist office.

Where are you staying?

Cheers,
Jan from Ljubljana
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 12:56 AM

hi--

i was the one who originally posted the recommendation for www.3glav-adventures.com. you're right, their tours do leave from bled, but it is a short ride from ljubljana to bled--we drove it in about 35 minutes. if you don't want to drive on your own, i believe there are buses too. you have to see bled to believe it. with all of the sights you can see in one day, i assure you that it would be worthwhile. domen who runs the trips is very flexible too...perhaps you can arrange for a ride back to ljubljana through him at the end of the day. it's worth inquiring.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 02:38 AM

victoria, we will be in Bled for three days in October this year. Plan to day trip to LJ one day, spend one day getting there and looking around Bled and one day on Worthersee in Austria and seeing castles/small villages around there. Can you recommend specific things to see? also some restaurants in Bled? thank you
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 03:53 AM

Hi Julie, I am butting in here but here are some of our favorites in Bled.

Gaststätte Okarina
Riklijeva 9, 4260 Bled
tel.:+386 (0) 574 14 58
fax.:+386 (0) 574 18 30
e-mail: [email protected]
web.: www.okarina.com
Some local specialties and some with an Indian flair. Good for vegetarians also, but not exclusively.

Topolino
Ljubljanska 26
4260 Bled
04 574 17 81

Gaststätte Mayer
?ele?ka cesta 7
4260 Bled
tel.: (04) 576 57 40
fax.: (04) 576 57 41
URL:www.mayer-sp.si
e-mail: [email protected]
I haven't been here yet but am hearing very good things and want to go!

There is so much to see in Slovenia...are you sure you want to 'waste' time on the Worthersee?

Cheers,
Jan