Living in Sicily

Search

Living in Sicily

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living in Sicily

If you need help or advice, we live in Sicily (an Americvan and a Brit!) and if anyone is going to ROME March 13 - 16 let us know, we'll be there.
[email protected]
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 04:40 AM
cmt

Where do you live in Sicily? Do you work there, or did you retire there? Just curious, not planning to move there myself, but I love Sicily.
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 05:23 AM

Lucky you ! Where do you live ? What do you do for a living ? Envious
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 05:56 AM

Hi mousireid! We are travelling to Italy in late May/June. I am traveling with my 14 year old daughter and 8 year old son. We start in Rome for 6 nights and then spend a week in Sicily, Giardini-Naxos to be exact. Where are you located in relation to there? We plan to spend much of our time relaxing around the beach/sea, but would also like to make one or two day trips from the area. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks! -Sandi-
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Author: mousireid
Date: 01/17/2005, 12:02 pm
Message: My husband works here and I am a lady of leisure ha-ha! Well stay at home Mummy! WE live near Mineo (see Catagirone) about an hour from Catania and 1 1/2 hours from Taormina area, three hours from Palermo. Its great, but we will only be here another two years There are so many places you could visit, Mount Etna, even teh cave restaurants there and the Gambino winery not to mention all the others! Water parks, beaches, Siracusa/Taormina area and all the FAB markets and festivals in EVERY village/town/city with parades per se, great food (just TRY it!) and the greatest people - boy do they LOVE kids and they take the impression 'it takes a village to raise a child' literally - kids really are kids and they take such time and effort for them. The driving leaves something to be desired but its just DIFFERENT no wrong! Any questions just email me! [email protected] and put :FODORS in your subject line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen name:
mousireid

Reply: