lisbon to montpellier

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:22 PM
carole

lisbon to montpellier

best and cost effective mode of travel one<BR>way from lisbon to montpellier

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Ben Haines

The reference library of a city near you may have the Thomas Cook European Timetable. Tables 46, 650 and 355 have your trains. Lisbon 2201, Lusitania Express with 1, 2 and 4 berth sleepers, seats, and restaurant car, Madrid Chamartin 0825 to 0900, buffet car train, Barcelona Sants 1603 to 1637, Mare Nostrum buffet car express, Montpelier 2109. The basic second class fare from Lisbon to Paris in January was 182 euros, so your fare might be about 200 euros.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:43 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I don't know the answer, but I have a few suggestions.<BR><BR>The cheapest might be by bus ..... Lisbon - (possibly Madrid) - Barcelona - Montpellier.<BR><BR>The train line goes Paris - Avignon - Montpellier - Perpignan - Barcelona - South ????. There must be a connection to Lisbon somewhere, maybe via Madrid.<BR><BR>I am not awre of any direct (or cheap) flights Lisbon / Montpellier or to nearby.<BR><BR>You can read about Montpellier here -<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR><BR>Peter

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 05:04 AM
www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Hi. If you want to fly there, PGA airlines (Portugalia Airlines) flies to Marseille, which is not far from Montepellier (www.pga.pt)<BR>Have fun

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 05:53 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>And you can train or bus from Marseilles.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>