Lisbon - 2 days?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Marina

Lisbon - 2 days?

Is 1 night enough to see the sights in Lisbon? Or 2 nights? Also is it easy to drive around Lisbon or should we use a taxi? We will be driving from Cascais to our hotel in Lisbon. Should I hand the car over in Cascais? Please advise

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:47 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Stay in Cascais and take the local commuter train into Lisbon.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:15 PM
larry

You will need at least 3 nights to see Lisbon properly as there is much to see.We did not drive as the Metro is very good & cheap, cabs also are very reasonable.Trains can be used to travel to Cascais & Sintra ,,Have Fun

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:18 PM
larry

My E-mail address was wrong, don't forget the Alfama district of Lisbon..

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 07:11 PM
John Ginthner

Bob is right, you can stay in Cascais and take the train to Cais de Sodre station in Lisbon. From the station you can either walk or cab it to Baixa, then take the Metro from there. But, most everything you may want to see is in easy walking distance from Baixa, such as Castle of St. Jorge, Alfama, Bairro Alto, Chiado, Elevator de Santa Justa, etc. You will need to take a cab or train to Belem to see Jeronimos Monastary, Torre de Belem, or Monument to the Discoverers. You will need to take the Metro from Restaradoes to get to the Gulbenkian Museum, which is one of the best art museums in the world.

If you have to drive in Lisbon, I see no reason you can't drive around, although there are streets that are so tiny a car can't pass. My ex-boyfriend lives in Lisbon and when I visit, we drive everywhere (but, of course, he was born there).

Have a good time. Lisbon is a unique and fascinating city.