Search

Lisboa Card?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lisboa Card?

We'll be in Lisbon in November for 4 days - is it worth buying a Lisboa Card -we are planning to travel to Sintra and Cascais and hope to meet the LDC while there?

We will then drive to the Algarve for a week - does anyone know how far it would be to drive to Seville from Faro?
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:16 AM

Yes, it's worth to get the card. You get reduced or free admission at most sights and transport.
According to the www.golisbon.com/sight-seeing page, even transport to Cascais and Sintra is included.
From Faro to Seville it's over a 2-hour drive.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM

You need to look at how many of the places on the card are ones you definitely plan on visiting/using. I thought it was a bit pricey compared to other cities with a similar type card. I went to two art museums on Sunday (free entrance) and the other places I visited had low entrance fees. It wasn't worth buying the card on this trip.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:49 AM

If you just want to visit Seville, you can get a reasonably priced day trip by coach from Faro which takes in all the sites then gives you hours to walk around on your own.

I would say get a car when you arrive. Lisbon needs a car to get to some places and Sintra and Cascais are only a short run by car.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:56 AM

I would say forget the Lisboa card. We got it and immediately regretted it. We even tried to return it. Nope, we were stuck with it- lesson learned. Then on top of it, we didn't feel like carrying around the books that come with it (just brought the cards) and once we got to Sintra, we found that unless you have the book as well, the card was useless. This was for only some of the places, tho.

I would also forget about getting a car. Lisbon has such great public transportation that getting a car is pointless,IMO,
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

kaneda -when you say "coach" from Faro -Seville, I assume you mean a local train?
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
In Lisbon, buy the "7 Collinas" card for all transportation, "anything that moves", trams, metro, elevadors, trolleys..1 day and 5 day cards are available.Very inexpensive and easy to use.Museums and historical sites are very inexpensive.
Old Aug 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Does the "7 Collinas" card include trains as we plan to go to Sintra, Cascais etc. and where do you buy the card?
Old Aug 9th, 2007, 04:59 PM

No. The 7 Colinas card is good within Lisbon (including Belem) but not Sintra or Cascais. You buy the card in the metro stations and a few other sites around the city (maybe Santa Justa Elevador--but the window isn't always open). The train to Sintra is very cheap--under 2 euros each way.