Reload this Page >

Lido Venice Beaches

Search

Lido Venice Beaches

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Barbara Bartlett

Lido Venice Beaches

My son and I are spending four days in Venice. I am thinking it might be fun to go to Lido for an afternoon to lay on the beach, play in the water and relax for a few hours. Are there any beaches open to the public, where are they and how do you get to them? Any information is appreciated!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:05 PM
gb

We visited Lido di Jesolo and liked the town. The beach seem public, but we were there at night.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:25 AM
Steve James

Hello Barbara,<BR><BR>Do you mean the island of Lido, rather than Lido do Jesolo?<BR><BR>If so, the public beach is a 15 minute walk down the main street (from where the ferry docks), - or there is a bus.<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Bert

Our family recently returned from our Italy trip. Instead of staying in Venice, which frankly is out of our budget, we stayed in Jesolo. Having grown up near the New Jersey shore, it was like going back in time for me. The tourists were primarily German with well-behaved kids and even pet dogs. The main drag hopped at night but not nearly as tacky and loud as Wildwood or Atlantic City. Souvenirs were cheaper and the selection of wines was much more reasonably priced than in Venice. My kids loved the boat ride to Venice (about 20 minutes). My kids liked it better than any other place in Italy.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Amanda

We were in Venice last summer with four teens and a 10-year old. We rode the water bus one day out to Lido and headed to the beach for the afternoon. When we got there, we found that all of the private beaches were full for the day (the ones with lounge chairs you can rent with umbrellas). There was only one tiny stretch of public beach available. We hiked down to the water and could not find a spot big enough for all of us to spread out our towels. The sand was burning our feet but when we put on our flip-flop, sand went flying all over everyone we walked past. We ended up getting our picture made standing in the water, then headed back to town for pizza. Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend it. We went on many other beaches after that that we really enjoyed. The water bus ride was great, though. Saw lots of sights for very little money!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Wendy

We spent a week on the Lido in July, and had no problem parking ourselves on the beach in the mid to late afternoon for free, chairs and all. We also had lunch at the Westin, and afterwards the kids swam on the beach there with no problem. My family found the Lido a great escape after the heavy crowds in Venice. We had a fantastic time. If you need more info, just e-mail. Good luck!