Transport for Lido di Jesolo to Venice

Old Jul 31st, 2004, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Transport for Lido di Jesolo to Venice

Our Hotel is going to be at 'Lido di Jesolo' I figured out that it is far away from Venice. Will someone please give me a hint about transport to and fro to our hotel by any means of transport other than taxi ?
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 12:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lido di Jesolo is a beach resort about 1 hour north of Venice. If you want to visit Venice from there you can catch a bus to the pier area to catch a boat which will drop you at St. Marks. If you aren't planning a beach vacation I would change my reservations to somewhere actually in Venice. The beaches are wide but they are brown sand not white with umbrellas, tables, chaging rooms, etc. The people staying there are mostly Europeans that are renting apartments or self catering places to be close to the beach. On the main street along the beach there are several groceries, stores, restaurants. At night the street will be closed for traffic and there is usually some kind of entertainment (bands, etc).
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 01:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is something taken from a Web site called www.hotelinjesolo.com:

"Just 5/15 minutes by car or by bus and you are in Punta Sabbioni where the boat to Venice is leaving every half hour. This is an occasion not just to see Venice but also the beautiful Laguna of Venice."

I assume that "bus" is public transportation, but I wouldn't swear by it; it may mean tourist buses that take people to Lido di Jesolo, which is basically a beach town.

You can then go to:

http://www.actv.it/eng/rcerca_percorso.htm

and look for the water buses that go from Punta Sabbioni to Venice. I tried a number of stops in Venice -- Rialto, Vallaresso and San Zaccaria (the last two are on either side of the Piazza San Marco), and the travel time seems to range mostly between about 45 minutes and 1 hour.

If your intention is to visit Venice, would it be possible for you to cancel the hotel in Lido di Jesolo and book one in Venice itself?
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:54 AM
ira

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
topping
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 06:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
www.jesolo.it might have some helpful info.