Leslie- The Amadeus?

Search

Leslie- The Amadeus?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leslie- The Amadeus?

I thought about just asking away on another post, but I know that is rude. I have made reservations there as well, and I was wondering if there was a piano in your room? Were there any music nights while you were there? I am wondering whether to bring some music along! Any hints or suggestions to pass along about this hotel?
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 11:23 AM

First, let's clarify for those not in the loop here. We are referring to the Hotel Amadeus in the Barrio Santa Cruz area in Sevilla, Spain. (www.hotelamadeussevilla.com/)

There was no piano in my room, and I am fairly certain there are not any in any of the actual guestrooms - they are not large enough! (Take a look at the pics on the site....) It states: "In addition, people interested in music can find details as soundproof room, piano patio, rent of musical instruments...." So you could certainly play while there if you wish.

There were no musical evenings taking place at the hotel during my stay in May, and the link to "Music Exhibitions" on the site is still showing dates for March. I would e-mail the hotel or just ask when you check in about the dates of your stay.

The hotel provides several listings magazines which will tell you what is taking place all over the city.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 12:13 PM
aj

Brahmama,

We stayed at the hotel Amadeus in Seville in May and loved the hotel. I loved the music theme. There was a baby grand piano in to lobby. Our room was small but lovely and very clean. I would call it a "boutique"style hotel. The music theme was great down to the brass violin key ring! The location was great for walking to almost any of the sights.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

aj, perfect! We will be there 3 nights in late October. Did you have a favorite tapas bar or restaurant or any other suggestions or comments? how did you get to the hotel? Taxi? Airport bus? Did you have breakfast there?
Whoa, my fingers just went into question mode, didn't they!
Carol
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 05:45 AM
aj

Carol,

We took a cab from the train station to the Amadeus. They let us off at the curb outside the hotel street (path) you must walk a very short distance. The hotel colors are teracotta. Beautiful spanish tiles in blue and green greet you at the wrought gate/door and the sound of the fountain in the lobby is wonderful. I must say it is probably my favorite small hotel we have stayed at in Europe. (mind you we don't go big bucks when we travel). You can have breakfast on the roof top terrace but we chose to walk and eat. You are just a short walk to the Seville Cathedral (BIG) and from there there are many places to have tapas or whatever you like. Just go down any of the winding cobble streets and you will find food. My husband and I like to walk and we felt the location of the Amadeus was great for walking to almost everything we wanted to see. If you are interested in Flamenco try
El Arenal. The Amadeus can make reservations for you. Seville is just a great city to stroll, relax and see things at your leasure. Have fun. Most of my business cards from Seville are at home so you can e-mail me at ([email protected]) for more specific information if you need. I envy you and hope to return again some day.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

What a great post, AJ! I'll be emailing you with more questions.
Carol