Les Calanques

Jun 13th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Les Calanques

Hi all-we will be in Saint Remy in August and would love to visit Les Calanques. I would like to do a hike but as we are traveling with our young kids, this doesn't seem wise. Can anyone recommend a boat tour out of Cassis? Am thinking of splurging on a private tour as I'd hate to miss out on being able to swim from the boat. Would appreciate any input you may have!

Merci,
Jen
Jun 14th, 2018, 07:19 AM

We did a boat ride from Cassiss - when we got to the town there were many boats, frequent trips out - maybe about 30 people per boat. I would THINK (but not sure) you could walk up and find a private boat - again, many boats in the harbor. I'm not sure how easy it might be to walk a short distance and find a place to swim off the shore. We were on a one day shore excursion from a big cruise ship so we were rushed. It is definitely a place I would have liked to stay longer....next time! You might check with Tours by Locals to see if that is something they could help arrange....or Tripadvisor!
Jun 14th, 2018, 07:37 AM

We didn't book ahead 2 years ago, just walked up and picked a boat.
However, since swimming from the boat seems of interest, you should google that.
Jun 14th, 2018, 11:48 AM

YOu don't need to reserve those boat trips, you just show up and take the next one. That's just to look at things, of course. I don't get the desire to swim off the boat as a major thing, or why, especially with young kids sounds like it could be dangerous.

There's a beach right there at the town center practically.
read this about Plage de la Grande Mer

https://www.marvellous-provence.com/...beaches/cassis
Jun 14th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

helpful link, thank you! I did read some reviews somewhere saying that people wished they had been able to swim in the coves.

Search this Thread