Les Ambassadeurs - Paris

Search

Les Ambassadeurs - Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Les Ambassadeurs - Paris

Well - we're on the waiting list at Guy Savoy. (That's where we really wanted to go.) And we have a reservation at Les Ambassadeurs a week from Friday. I would love to hear reviews from anyone who has been to either place. What should be expect for service? Quality of food? Atmosphere? Price (ouch!)? And can someone post a link to their web site - for some reason I can't track it down. Thanks!
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 08:03 AM

Hi
for a website on Les Ambassadeurs, try looking at the one for the Crillon hotel.
Les Ambassadeurs is amazingly ornate, gorgeous, definitely a place to dress up. Quality of food is excellent; I forget how many Michelin stars it has, perhaps two, but besides that, food is excellent. I would put it just a fraction of a notch below Taillevent, or Le Grand Vefour, but that's subjective.
Service should be perfect. Little stools for ladies' handbags. Price will be ouch-y indeed. Plan on 150-200e pp, more depending on your wine.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 08:51 AM

As mentioned the Les Ambassadeurs is located in the Hotel de Crillon. It is very nice, very expensive, food is excellent and service wonderful. Also, the other restaurant in the Crillon is called the Obelisk (?) and is also quite good, and actually, a bit quieter and quainter. The previous poster was correct. Go to the website for the Hotel de Crillon. It is a great site, and as I recall it, you may get a virtual tour of the hotel and restaurants menitoned.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Ian

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Smyling

The service, food & restaurant are impeccable. Yes, a notch below Taillevent etc but the decor makes this a must go. You will feel like you are dining in Versailles . . .

Entrees - appetizers in the 80 - 90 Euro range.

We saw Madonna in the lobby when we went several years ago.

Ian
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:35 AM

Ian is right and my lower end of the price range estimate was silly. No way you're getting out of there for only 150 e pp unless you order one dish each and don't drink anything.
Even at 200e, you'd be luckier than most. Still, a wonderful experience.