Leaving for Paris tomorrow!

May 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Leaving for Paris tomorrow!

Yay! It's finally here. We leave tomorrow night from JFK to CDG for 11 glorious days in Paris. Thank you Fodorites for all the help. I've been reading avidly for years now and you all helped so much with my first trip to Paris and then last year to Italy and now back to Paris!

On the itinerary this time are 2 day day trips, one to Versailles and one to Giverny. We have reservations for lunch at Guy Savoy (3 Michelin stars)and Spring (just got his first star) as well as Passiflore (1 star.)The rest we'll play by ear reserving a day or 2 ahead.

We're staying at Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in Le Marias and hoping the budget priced room (80E for a double)will be tolerable for 10 nights. I know the location will be fabulous for us. I can say that they've already been very helpful with reservations and very friendly in their communications so lets hope for a decent bed with enough room to unpack a few of our things!

I'll be sure to report back when we get home.

May 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM

Enjoy your trip! We're right behind you, leaving on the 13th!
May 6th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Have a great trip! We are somewhat behind you....we are going in June!
May 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM

Agreed: the location is superlative.

Pls report on how you find the hotel. The photos on its website make it look more than acceptable.
May 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Fischerl, there's Fodor's get together happening Saturday evening, May 17 at 8:30PM if you're interested. It's for dinner at Restaurant L'INSULAIRE, 16 rue Grégoire de Tours between Rue de Buci & Blvd.Saint Germain. A fairly inexpensive but good little bistro.

Have a great trip!
May 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM

Gee - we have to wait another whole week before we wing our way to Paris (then Provence, then Cote d'Azur). I guess I'll be able to stand it, but I do find myself continuing to scour Fodors and SlowTalk for restaurants, places to go, etc - even though our itinerary has pretty much been fixed for a month or so.

Have fun - I know we will!

Sam
May 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Sam, I'm doing the same thing! Our itinerary has been pretty much set for several weeks (we leave next week), but I'm still browsing for ideas and trying to see if I can squeeze things in or make last minute changes. I'm sure we'll have a great time, whatever we do.

Thanks, Plafield, for the GTG info. We have plans to go to a concert that night, but no tickets have been bought, so you never know!

Lori