Le ferme de la huppe vs. Mas des herbes blanches

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have booked a room at the Mas des herbes blanches but have since read nice things about Le ferme de la Huppe. Now I am undecided. I am sure I have time to cancel and rebook. Please help with my indecision. Thank you.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 05:10 PM

We enjoyed our stay at Ferme de la Huppe last year. The room was lovely. Our only complaint was that the menu was the same both of the nights we stayed there.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Both have good reviews. I do not mean to be unkind, but some like you, book a resto or B&B and make it difficult for some os us to get a reservation and than you cancel and it's too late for us.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Cigalechanta, I have read your posts and you have provided all of us with excellent recommedations. However, I must clear up this misunderstanding. I only booked the Mas des herbes blanches two days ago, therefore I do not feel I have deprived too many people the opportunity to reserve.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Ok I withdraw my post!
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:47 AM

They're quite different places, with La Ferme de la Huppe being less...fancy, perhaps. We loved it, and the food in the restaurant was first rate.
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM

I have not stayed at either place, but wanted to book Le ferme de la Huppe. However, we were told we had to include dinner every night with our room. We did not want to do this as we were in the area for four nights (stayed at Le Phebus) and wanted to eat other places. Maybe that does not matter to you or you can afford to book it and eat elsewhere anyway if you desire. We did have dinner there one night and the food was great, the waiter extremely helpful and the price of the meal did not break our bank. Just want to say I expect you will be happy wherever you stay as you will be out and about most of the time. This area of Provence is heavenly.
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Loved our dinner at Ferme de la Huppe -- but wouldn't want to be forced to eat here every night. We also ate at Herbes Blanches and had a wonderful meal as well (more formal). It is a more upscale and luxurious establishment (we did tour the rooms, as well). -- Herbes Blanches is just a beautiful view/setting. Huppe can't compete -- but is a great casual family B&B.