Reload this Page >

Le Clos Medicis or Grand Hotel St. Michel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:28 PM
cheryl

I was offered (coincidentally) the same rate for each of these two hotels. Both are triple rates.<BR><BR>I have read both good/bad comments about them but which one comes out ahead?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Marj

Don't know Le Clos but stayed at Grand Hotel ST. Michel. It's a pleasant hotel but our room faced in so we had NO view but lots of quiet. I don't know what the street noise would be like in an outside room. The room itself was very cramped. We had 4 in a 2 room suite. Could be same as your triple, they just added a rollaway. Yours would be roomier w/o the extra bed but even at that it was small. The bathroom was nice and it eveything was very clean. The room had a tv in each room and a mini-bar. The breakfast buffet is very good. If I remember correctly, the bedroom has an armoir, a desk and 2 night tables, the other room, with a daybed had no place for clothes. There were some decent, moderately priced restaurants nearby (within a few blocks). It's also a couple of blocks from Luxembourg Gardens.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Kathy

Can't comment on Grand Hotel St. Michel, but I stayed at Le Clos Medicis in late April/early May 2002. I also stayed in a triple room. I really liked it. It's in an ideal location on Rue Le Monsieur. There are many restaurants and theatres nearby. The triple room I had is on the ground level and opens out into a courtyard. It was very quiet, but no view. The room was clean and well-maintained. The staff is quite friendly and speak English. It's a few blocks from the Pantheon and a block away from the Luxembourg Gardens.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:49 PM
cheryl

Someone said they had an unfortunate experience with Le Clos denying their confirmation. Has this occurred with anyone else?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Sue

I stayed at Le Clos Medicis for 11 days last October - had a Superior Double, facing the street. I liked this hotel very much - very well managed, with excellent, and helpful, English-speaking staff. I loved the location, easy to walk everywhere - Latin Quarter, St. Germain de Pres, Notre Dame, etc. And the street was quiet at night. Another plus was I was able to take the RER from CDG direct to the Luxembourg RER stop, which is a very short walk to hotel. I was in Paris again in May, and stayed in another hotel on the other side of Luxembourg Gardens near Montparnasse - the Aviatic-because the Clos was already booked up.<BR>I really liked the Aviatic,too, a beautiful room, with all amenities, and less expensive than the Clos. I enjoyed the non-touristic location, but the Clos is more convenient to walk to more popular sites. I would definitely recommend the Clos, but I personally would probably stay at the Aviatic again, because it was such a terrific value for such a lovely room (again, a superior double).