Layover in Dublin

Search

Layover in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Layover in Dublin

We have a short layover in Dublin this January for about 8 hours.
Any reccomendations?
We are flying in and out of the Dublin airport, what is the best and fastest way to get to and from the city? We have always used the bus before, but with only a short time, would this still be the best option?
Thank you in advance!
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:03 AM

Since I've only been to Dublin once and you've been there several times, my experience is limited. I wasn't in a hurry, so I took the cheaper but slower city bus. However, I'll recommend that you take either Airlink bus #747 (every 10 minutes) or Airlink bus #748 (every 30 minutes). It costs E5 each way. You could buy a Rambler Pass for E10 which is good on the Airlink and will also give you free rides for any short hops you want to take in the city. Visit www.dublinbus.ie for the details.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
CU

The Airlink bus would be fastest if you do not want to take a taxi which could cost around 25 euro depending on traffic.
If you are going back to the airport around 5 p.m. be ready to face the rush hour traffic which is liable to delays.
Old Dec 24th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Yes I agree the Airport link bus, but leave plenty of time for the return journey from the city centre, as the traffic is mental from 3.30pm onwards!
Old Dec 24th, 2005, 09:59 AM

Earlier this week I took an Airlink bus from O'Connell St outside Dublin Bus office around 5 pm. Traffic was heavy but with bus lane, it took about 40 minutes to the airport. Don't board it at O'Connell St or Busaras as it gets stuck in heavy traffic on Ashton Quay by the Liffey. Day's Rambler ticket at 5 euro is the one to buy - get it from the ticket machine at the airport bus stop - it takes coins, notes and cards, or from CIE stall on the far left side of the arrivals hall as you face the exit doors. The driver only sells single 5 euro ticket.