Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

need information on dublin airport to city transport

Apr 28th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

I know this must have been covered somewhere on the boards but my serches come up empty. I'm trying to find some detailed information on how to get from Dublin airport (I'm actually at the
Holiday Inn on the grounds) into the city (O'Connell street). I've looked into the aircoach site but it's poor in detail. I can't tell where the aircoach buses pick up from within the airport (it can't be that small can it?). Since I'll most likely be dropping my bags at the hotel then trying to get into the city for a day before we fly out the next morning. Can anyone offer more details? Anyone taken aircoach or another method?
thanks
Apr 28th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Jen

I'm *pretty* sure that we used aircoach last time we flew into Dublin--would've been about two years ago. You catch the bus outside of baggage claim, buy your ticket on the bus. It will then take you to a stop on the DART-- don't remember which one-- all in all, very easy and inexpensive.
Apr 28th, 2003, 02:22 PM

Yes Dublin Airport is relatively small for the size of city it serves. Just ask your hotel concierge for how to get into the city. Both the airlink and aircoach buses are an option and they pick up just outside at the curb of the airport.
May 1st, 2003, 02:33 PM

Its quite handy, as soon as you exit the building from baggage collection youll see the buses, which all go down O Connell Street, not sure what they cost.
May 2nd, 2003, 07:30 AM

Tickets cost ? 6.00 single, ? 10.00 return per journey from any point to any point along any of the Dublin routes.

The coaches work in a circular fashion based primarily at Dublin airport where convenient pickup points are easily accessed. These are just outside the terminal and well marked.

You can buy a ticket directly from the coach driver at the stop just outside the arrivals building at Dublin airport, or at any of the stops on the route.

Just tell the driver the name of your hotel and if the bus does not stop right in front he/she will make sure you get off at the point most convenient for your hotel. As are all the Irish people, the bus drivers are very nice and friendly.
May 2nd, 2003, 07:52 AM

Curt is referring to a bus that does the hitel route into town (handy and fast!) It drops to central areas. Don't take a taxi it's a rip off approx 20 euro. Or there is a normal city Bus (forty something) that is outside the terminal area. ask any of the airport staff and they will direct you to which bus you decide to take. Ans yes Dublin airport is pretty small in the main areas so most busses are outside the arrivals terminal on the ground floor.