Search

Laundry

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Rocky

Laundry

Has anyone tried to do their own laundry (self service) in the Berner Oberland area? Specifically. Lucerne, Murren, Interlaken, Lauterbrunner? Thanks

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Patrick

I've been to a laundramat twice in Lucerne, but although it looked like a self-service place, there was an attendant who quoted me a price for me to leave it for the day. She washed it, dryed it, and folded it for what appeared to be the same price for a couple machines (which I know it took) to do it myself. She did a great job.<BR>Now don't ask me where it is, but I could lead you to it. It is on the train station side of the river, but about five or six blocks away from the lake. Your hotel could probably tell you where it is -- as far as I know it was the only one like that.<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Melanie

Rocky -<BR><BR>Yep, it wasn't easy, but we actually managed to find a few places in the area.<BR><BR>Wengen - Only one public coin-operated laundry that I know of - it's located at the back of the Silberhorn Hotel (near the tennis courts) - it only has two washers and one dryer. Soap isn't available, but you can purchase soap at the Coop around the corner. Change is available at the front desk of the Silberhorn Hotel.<BR><BR>Murren - Unless you're independently wealthy, I'd suggest reading on, as the only place in Murren I've found is a wash/and fold type place in the same building as Top Apartments - they keep strange hours and charge a small fortune - <BR><BR>Lauterbrunnen - By far the best place I've found in the Berner Oberland for do-it-yourself laundry is The Valley Hostel - they have a decent sized, coin-operated laundry with an attached coin-operated Internet Station - the best Internet rates we've found in the area as well. Sure wish someone would open one of these in Wengen or Murren.<BR><BR>Happy washing -

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 03:00 AM
Ursula

Just consulted the Lucerne phone directory.<BR>Found this self-service place. <BR>But there might be others as well.<BR><BR>Jet-Wasch<BR>Bruchstrasse 28<BR>(close to Pilatusplatz)<BR>6003 Luzern<BR><BR>Happy washing, too!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Patrick

Yep, Jet-Wasch is the place I was referring to in Lucerne.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Rocky

Thanks for all the suggestions Fodorites!