Laundromats in Ireland

Search

Laundromats in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laundromats in Ireland

Driving a rental car r/t from Dublin around southern and western Ireland for two weeks in September. We like to pack light, hopefully with just carry-ons. How easy is it to find a self serve laundromat in some of the smaller cities-so far we have multiple nights booked at B and B's in Kilkenney, Dingle, and Galway- will probably add one or two more elsewhere. If we do find a town with a laundromat, can we expect it to be open on weekends? Evenings? Or should we just go prepared to wash in the sink?
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 01:16 PM

I used one in Clifden. I had planned to wash things out in the sink, but discovered that Socks Never Dried, even when I put them in the sun in the rear window of the car. The climate in September was just too damp.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 07:41 AM

I found laundromats in both Dingle and Clifden. However, you drop the clothes off and pick them up the next day. I never saw any "self serve" laundromats. (And they aren't cheap.)

carolsc
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 07:14 PM

Self-serve laundromats, not so much, but laundries are all over the place. Sink washing sounds good, but man, it's a real pain.

It's been a number of years since I've been to Clifden, but there was a place there, I think on Church St. My wife and I had 2 Kelty backpacks of stuff (about a weeks worth of clothes) that we had laundered for €9.50 total. I'm sure it's probably more now, but there you go for a rough estimate. I found it worth it because we were able to wander around town, drive off to Roundstone, etc. andnot hang out waiting for clothes to get done.

Kilkenny might cost more, as it's a bigger town, but should be easy to find.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we were able to get laundry done, but no self serve. Though not cheap-approx. 25 E for two small loads. good job, just make sure you have a large load of all darks or lights before hand. In and out in the same day at a local launderette in Kilkenny.
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:42 AM

We used a laundromat in Kilkenny (it's down an alleyway across the river from the castle). It had a self service option, but it was on the expensive side compared with the US equivalent. However, for just a little more, they would do it for us, and we picked it up later that afternoon. Wasn't all dry though - do check!
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:30 AM

We found a self-serve in Galway.
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM

We found a self serve in Kenmare.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:22 PM

Ditto Ennis.
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM

It was a long time ago (1997) but we used a laundry in Salthill (just outside of Galway). Dropped it off in the morning, went to the Aran Islands (highly recommended) and picket it up afterward. I don't remember how much it cost.