Latin Quarter to Roissy

Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Latin Quarter to Roissy

Plan to travel from the 7th arrondment to the train station at CDG ROISSY to get a 12:30pm train.

Any idea how long this would take using Meto and the RER?? Don't want to miss our train !!
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:05 AM

Robespierre will see this soon...he has all this down pat.
But you could take the Roissy bus back to CDG...or the AirFrance bus.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:28 AM

The Latin Quarter is in the 5th arr. Did you write "7th" by mistake? Have you checked for the closest metro/RER stop to your hotel on a map? It will be easier to estimate the time if you know where your closest station is.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:02 AM

Exactly where is your starting point?
Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM

I'll thow this out

http://www.ratp.info/informer/anglai...hp?partenaire=

Opera is close to 3 metro lines.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. We are staying on rue de l'Ecole de Médecine. My understanding is that the closest metro station is Cluny-la-Sorbonne.

So we would probably board the metro at this station, and then at some point transfer to the RER to get the rest of the way to Roissy.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM

OK, if you want to take the RER instead of Roissybus, the good news is that the Cluny metro stop is connected to the RER station (St Michel) that goes directly to CDG. Above ground..from that station walk along boulevard St Michel towards the Seine, at the Seine turn right (towards Notre Dame) and go 2 blocks, you will see the R sign for the station, right by the bridge over to Ile de la Cite. 5-10 min walk.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM

Walk 4-5 minutes to the RER stop at St. Michel Notre-Dame. Take RER B to the CDG - ~40 min. Runs every 4-6 min.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM

Just being nosy..why do you have to go all the way to CDG to get a train?
Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Hi Jody

Going from Paris to Brussels and the only reasonable train we could find left from Roissy - so we booked it online.

I'm sure there are better ways of doing this - but not speaking French, we found it very hard making a train reservation.

Just wanted to know what time we should leave to get from our hotel to the CDG train station.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Michel - you may have a god point.

Perhaps the Roissy bus is a better choice for us - providing we can find our way to the Opera.

Is that distance walkable or could we take the metro from where we are?
Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:55 AM

why would you take the Roissybus from the OPera when you are only a couple blocks from the RER stop that goes directly to the airport? Also, you have to go to Cluny metro stop, which is only a short distance from the RER stop, in order to take the metro to the Opera stop. What am I missing here as to why you want to take the bus?
Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:03 PM

Did you purchase the tickets already? Are they refundable? All Thalys trains from Paris - Brussels leave from Gare du Nord. If your tickets have not yet been purchased or if they are refundable, you can check here for better options from Gare du Nord:
http://tinyurl.com/2z4969

To get to Gare du Nord, follow same instructions to get to St. Michel Notre-Dame RER station. Take the RER B direction - CDG and get off at Gare du Nord.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM

Ripit, there are also TGV (non-Thalys) trains that go from CDG to Brussels (skirting around central Paris), so perhaps that is what the OP booked.

Megamiles, as Christina notes, Cluny metro stop is very close to the RER B to Roissy. In fact the two stations connect underground via a long walkway - I believe the RER B is signposted once you get inside Cluny metro station.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi Christina
Was looking at the bus as another option – but sounds like you are right -the RER might be a better option. Just wanted to know how to get from the Cluny station to RER – but sounds like it easily walkable?

Yes Ripit, we already purchased the train tickets ( just inexperience on our part I guess)

Thank you Hanl –and yes you are right – that is the train we booked. I think we will just walk from the Cluny Station & RER. Thank you very much for the info.

So in about 1 ½ hours we should be able to walk from Cluny Station to the RER and get to the Roissy train station? This is assuming we don’t get lost (always a possibility ?
Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM

Actually your way could save a lot of money. I never thought to go into Roissy from Brussels rather than Paris. I was looking at some sample fares and found some sale fares for 15 EUR (nonrefundable) vs. 78 EUR into Gare du Nord. I'll be making this trip in a few months so it is something to consider. Thanks!

To answer your question, 1.5 hrs. will be plenty of time to catch your train.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

thanks ripit.
glad my post was accidentally useful - usually I'm just here asking questions - since I know nothing about Europe.

Now, if you want info on Vietnam or Indonesia ... that's another matter.

By the way our train fare on the date we wanted was 30E from Roissy to Brussels.

Search this Thread