Search

Laterooms.com experience?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM
yk
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laterooms.com experience?

I am contemplating using laterooms.com. I have never booked anything via laterooms, so I'm seeking your comments if you've used it before.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM
yk
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 05:24 PM

I have booked with laterooms.com four times and have had no difficulty. However, I don't think that the hotels necessarily give you their best rooms.

The hotels have always been nice and clean, but the rooms that I've been given have always been in a less desirable part of the hotel. I'd say not to worry about booking, but be prepared not to be too fussy about where your room is.

By the way, another booking service that I've used is www.totalstay.com, but I've only ever used them for booking a room at a university residence. The two times that I used them, I got a fab room in the residence: large room with a decent size bathroom and a great breakfast. Absolutely no complaints.

Still another hotel booking service that I've used with no problem is activehotels.com. I always got a nice room in England and France by booking with them.

Hope that helps,
Dale

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 03:16 AM
yk
Original Poster

topping.

Any more first hand experiences?
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 03:29 AM

I have used them several times and always been happy. The later you leave it the better the rates. I ended up 2 times in the apex city in the Grassmarket in Edinburgh with a great rate. You can always check out the hotels on trip advisor. I still use them 1-2 times a year.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 04:44 AM

I have also used them several times, and have been happy with the hotels and the rates I got. You will probably get the smallest room in the hotel, but you are paying the lowest rate too.
Sometimes the rate on laterooms will include breakfast and tax, while the hotel's quoted rate does not. I booked a London hotel once, where breakfast was included in the lateroom rate. The hotel still charged us for breakfast, but this was refunded immediately once I showed the lateroom confirmation.
And once I specifically booked a twin room on laterooms, and the hotel gave us a tiny room with a very small double; when I showed them my twin room confirmation, they upgraded us to a very nice large room.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 04:59 AM

Maybe I am just ruder then the average person, but if my room is "substandard" regardless of how I paid I ask for a change.

Now, I know that in Europe lots of hotel rooms are small and strange sized so that doesn't bother me, but I won't automatically accept the "worst" room. My theory is they didn't HAVE to let me stay there for that rate. That was their choice and it doesn't give them the right to give me substandard treatment. (I once chewed out a manager at the Shearton Chicago who admitted I was right and actually upgraded me!)
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 05:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
ratestogo.com is another site to check for last minute rooms. They also have a feature to book more than 20 days out through hotelclub.net
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 05:14 AM

To be honest I don't feel I ever got a sub standard room. Maybe you will get one in the back with no view if its the high season. Certainly no room was bad at all and usually I was quite surprised at how good they were for the price when I could have stayed in a lesser place for the same price.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:11 AM

I've never had substandard rooms, but in most hotels, not all rooms are the same. Particularly in older buildings, that have been converted into a hotel. If I'm paying 120 pounds for a room that is listed for closer to 200, I'm not surprised that I do not get the junior suite with park view. And the service is the same, no matter which room you get.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 07:53 AM
yk
Original Poster

Thanks for all your input. I ended up booking a different hotel using the hotel's own website. But someday I'm sure I'll use laterooms.com.