last minute trip to Iceland-- need help with hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were able to get very cheap tickets to Iceland for July at the last minute. I am now trying to figure out where we will stay. Ideally I would like a hotel in the South which is well positioned to explore that area (but not in Reykjavik). And in the north, we would like to be somewhere near Akureyri. I would appreciate any and all recommendations! Thanks.
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 05:50 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Your best bet at this late date is Booking.com. Iceland is very busy these days, you might not have much choice. We booked our accommodation in Vik months before our trip and still had very little to choose from (and high prices) as its such a popular area.
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 05:59 AM

Agree wit Melnq8. At this late date you really need to get something booked ASAP.
Old Jun 16th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Original Poster

We found an airbnb in Selfoss so all set there as well as at the Blue Lagoon. It looks like there are plenty of rooms available in Reykjavik. So now working on West Iceland. Where do you feel is the best place to be located to explore that area? There are a number of airbnb and hotel rooms available-- just not sure where to headquarter ourselves. Thanks.

And a completely different topic: any recommendation for an ATV trip in the south of Iceland? The trips that I have seen listed so far are all over USD 300 per person-- way too expensive IMO for a three hour ATV tour.

Thanks.