Lake Como vs. Positano or Capri?

Old Mar 26th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Como vs. Positano or Capri?

This is a reposting of a previous message resulting from a more experienced user's recommendation.

For our first trip to Italy in late June, I have developed an itinerary that consists of: (1) three nights at Hotel Miramare in Positano, (2) three nights at Hotel Brunella on Capri, and (3) three nights at the Westin Lido in Venice. However, after further consideration, I am wondering if we should visit another location in Italy in lieu of Positano or Capri (since they appear to be somewhat similar), and was thinking about somewhere at Lake Como or another desirable location (with or without waterscape). I would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer and any hotel recommendations. Thank you very much.
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion, you are doing too much. You are travelling all the way from Venice to the Amalfi Coast. I think Lake Como/Venice would be more effiecient. (How are you getting from Venice to Amalfi Coast?) I also think you should spend more than two days in Venice. Having said all of this, I hate Lake Como, adore Capri. But, it seems more reasonable to concentrate on one area of Italy than travelling all over the place. I were going to do Capri or Positano, I would do either Rome or Naples instead of Venice.

What do others think?