Lake Como - GHV Serbelloni vs. GH Tremezzo Palace

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have narrowed down our hotel choices while visiting Lake Como for 3 days in late August between the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in Bellagio and the Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace. Bellagio would be more convenient because our next stop is Venice and we have to get there by noon after leaving Lake Como. I wonder if anyone could give me an updated review of the Serbelloni. Are the rooms any better than they were? Is it worth the price? The GHTP looks gorgeous. Is there a car ferry to Bellagio from there since we have to leave quite early in the morning to make it to Venice on time. Or if anyone has another lake front hotel suggestion in Bellagio, we would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 10:27 AM

We stayed at the GHTP for several days last August. It was lovely, especially the pools--a floating pool on the lake and another in the gardens behind the hotel. If you stay there, make sure to opt for a lakefront room.. We had a corner room and the views were spectacular.

I can't comment on the rooms at the Serbelloni, but it does have the advantage of being right in Bellagio. The village of Tremezzo is tiny, so if you want to have more dining and shopping choices right outside your door, you may want to be in Bellagio. However, we did find Tremezzo to be a convenient base for touring the towns along the lake.

There are a couple of car ferry options on the Tremezzo side of the lake: one a few hundred yards from the GHTP, and the other a 10-15 minute drive away in Mennaggio. It really is just a matter of which schedule suits your needs. We ferried over to Bellagio twice--once without the car for dinner, and once with the car on our way to Bergamo.

Wherever you stay, I highly recommend having dinner at Locanda d'Isola Comacina, the restaurant on the sole island of the lake. It was a magical experience.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your reply. The GH Tremezzo Palace looks absoutely perfect, but I think you're right . . . Bellagio is probably the better location for us.