Reload this Page >

La Tonnarella/ Sorrento

Search

La Tonnarella/ Sorrento

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:06 AM
john

La Tonnarella/ Sorrento

We have booked our trip for Sorrento in April. We are thinking about staying at La Tonnarella which is just out of town. <BR><BR>Has anyone stayed there recently? Do you think April is a nice time?<BR><BR>John

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Paige

We stayed there in June 2001 and really liked it. Get a room with a balcony and view. It's only a 10 minute or so walk from town.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 03:05 PM
elizabeth

My husband and I were there in late Sept. this year and were very pleased with La Tonnarella. Definitely book a room with a balcony..spectacular view of Mt. Vesuvius. Their restaurant is also quite good, but walk down a way to<BR>the Hotel Minerva restaurant..it was excellent also. We loved Sorrento. Don't know about April weather.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Mary Fran

LaTonnarella is great! Get room 22 if you can. It's actually a room for 3, but we were able to get it for two for a cheaper rate. Sliding glass doors open onto a fabulous private terrace with incredible views.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:47 AM
sera

For those of you wanting to book this hotel this spring/summer: be aware it's already fully booked on many dates. I tried booking for a couple of days in June but no go. I booked instead at Hotel Minerva across the street, but I would have preferred La Tonnarella.

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am trying to book La Torranella on line. I do not see a form to fill out. Do you just send them an e-mail? What is their change/cancellation policy?
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 04:54 AM

You have to send them an email. Go to http://www.latonnarella.it/ and click on &quot;contact.&quot; Good luck!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 07:58 AM

John,<BR>When in April? I was there early last April and it was cold and very windy.We couldn't use the grand patio at all.Now, the week before it had been sunny and mild. So, I would prepare for fickle weather.<BR><BR>La Tonnarella is an easy walk to town. I found it to be a little worn around the edges.(dreary room furniture, shower curtain had seen better days,etc) The front desk was very helpful as many travelers had to change their plans due to bad weather.<BR>The maintanence staff were less helpful.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 03:26 PM

Now I have a question about this hotel. On this site: http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/la-...ella-sorrento/ <BR>the hotel lists &quot;Double&quot; and &quot;Twin&quot; rooms the same price. So do you think the Twin means the same room as the double but with two beds? I'm sure it's obvious, but my brain is fried right now. Thanks!
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 01:42 AM

Want to give this another try.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:27 AM
ira

Sera,<BR> A double is a double bed. A twin is two beds.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:38 AM

Thank you. I guess it was obvious, wasn't it? LOL!