Sorrento La Tonnarella suite

Old May 18th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Lily

Sorrento La Tonnarella suite

I know that a number of people have stayed here and liked it.We've got 4 adults in our party and they don't have 2 double rooms with terrace.However they offered the suite.We really want a terrace to complete our days with sitting on balcony and enjoying that glass of wine over the bay.Has anyone seen or stayed in the suite to know if the balcony is a "sit-out" or just "look-out" affair?I'm waiting for response but would feel great if someone who's stayed could corroborate.

Old May 18th, 2002, 06:28 PM
del

Hi Lily,
You will love La Tonnarella, our family have stayed there 3 times. Once we could only get 1 room with sea view and a large balcony, so my husband and I stayed across the hall without view (ask for a room down the hall away from the parking lot and front door ,it gets noisy)then we enjoyed the balcony with the rest of our family. So flip a coin it is worth it.The views are great and so is the food. Have fun.

Old May 19th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Lily

Del,glad you liked it and thanks for reply. My dilemma is that I don't know if the suite has a "sit-table" balcony at all.Still waiting for hotel reply.Can you comment on the walk to town.I've seen 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes.Doesn't seem like a big deal but we're trying to pack alot of daytripping in and expect dinner in town so could be a consderation. Thanks.

Old May 20th, 2002, 01:40 AM
Andrea

Hi Lily
We just got back from staying at La Tonnarella and it is divine (though not sure if the suite has a terrace - I would think so as it is a suite and more expensive...??). Anyway as for the walk, it is a 15 min walk - very pleasant, though if you're not that fit you might find it a bit much twice or four times a day. However the hotel can easily call you a taxi - we paid 10 euros to the main port so I'm sure it's less into the town. I think staying in Sorrento would be very noisy whereas La Tonnarella is a bit removed and very peaceful (if you're not in a room on the road side). I guess it depends on your fitness levels and whether you fancy walking up a hill after dinner in town. Personnally the walk helped me keep my waistline after all the gorgeous food!!! Have fun - it's a stunning part of the world.

Old May 24th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Lily

TTT hoping for feedback on sutie.

Old May 24th, 2002, 07:59 PM
del

Hi Lily,
I am sure the suite would have a balcony,our room that was a double had a large balcony. Then the next visit our three daughters had a roon with a balcony,we stayed across the hall. It was big enough for several chaise lounges, a table and chairs plus room left over. One of our daughters made the remark when she went out onto the balcony. "Just when I thought it couldn't get any better in Italy, guess what, it just got better.It is beautiful beyond belief, we have been alot of places, and this one stands out as one of our all time favorites.Hope it works out for you.
DEL

Old May 30th, 2002, 10:12 PM
cookie

I loved everthing about La Tonnarella except the staff. I thought they were all very condescending, except for the cleaning ladies.