Reload this Page >

La Belle Paris...

Search

La Belle Paris...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 01:58 AM
tina

La Belle Paris...

Wax lyrical about the City of Light...what beautiful/memorable/breathtaking experiences have you had in Paris? Did you stumble upon some unexpected lovely nook? Meet any sexy Frenchmen? Discover any secrets? <BR> <BR>Please, humour me, I need a Paris fix

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 03:07 PM
Elena

Every experience I have had in Paris is wonderful. We always find wonderful little shops and streets. Last time we were there we found a wonderful spice shop. The aromas were wonderful. They had kegs of peppercorns and other wonderful spices. We bought bought cous cous spice and when we use it ....

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 03:28 PM
Mimi

On my last night in Paris, I stood on the Pont des Arts bridge and looked at the lights of Paris. From the Eiffel Tower, to the Ferris Wheel at Place de Concorde,to Notre Dame,I wept as the Bateaux Mouches slid by, underneath the bridge. I'll never forget that moment and long to be there right now! <BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 05:08 PM
Jayelle

Arriving early morning at the Rodin Museum, I was able to wander through sculptures in the beautiful gardens by myself. It is a small oasis of peace and tranquility hidden in the middle of the city. And I can't forget walking into the Place des Vosges for the first time...

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:40 PM
Cherie

I stayed off rue Varenne down the street from the Rodin. Every morning, I said hello to the Burgers of Calais as I passed their window. Another treat was at the Paris auto show. There was some sort of riot police standing around because of protesters. They were wearing the most unusual rubber over the knee boots....I must have stared too long because they were all smiling in the picture I brought back..... :,)

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:58 PM
Bob Brown

Funiest moment: We were near Ecole Militar when some young hotshot banged into an elderly lady on his skateboard.] <BR>She blasted him with full fury; then she kicked his skateboard down the steps. <BR>Hope she didn't hurt her toe. Shame the Seine was out of range. <BR>Best moment: Our visit to Vaux-le-Vicomte was without parallel in my experiences in the big, artistic building division. The design and artistic accomplishments of the 3 designers was incredible. <BR>Best dessert: an incredible slice of tiramisu at the restaurant in the Musee d'Orsay. Can you imagine eating a dessert that is unforgettable while looking up at that marevellous ceiling? <BR>Try it, you'll love it. <BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 08:00 PM
Bob Brown

OOPS. Ecole Militaire!! Lest I raise the ire of the French.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 11:23 PM
Florence

That was a close call, Bob, the orthographe police is always in the lookout in France !

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 07:00 PM
upper

pupupup

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 07:47 PM
Miane

Lived in Paris a big part of my life, always loved the city but always thought that the best way to enjoy it was with a lover ... My most memorable experience there? Kissing my American teddy-bear for the first time on the Ponts des Arts --he later became my husband!

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 09:26 AM
RJD

Another word in favor of the Pont Des Art. Napoleon picked the site of the bridge to give great views up and down the Seine. Kenneth Clark began "Civilization" there, for good reason. On a warm night stroll on this wonderful pedestrian bridge, preferably with an interesting companion, and breath in the joy of being in Paris.