Reload this Page >

Drinking age in Scotland

Search

Drinking age in Scotland

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 04:51 PM
Amy

Drinking age in Scotland

I might be visiting Scotland this spring and, being the typical American college student, I was wondering what the drinking age in Scotland was. Thanks

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 11:29 PM
Sheila

Drinking age? About 12 <BR>Legal drinking age? 18 <BR> <BR>And (unlike in Ohio) you CAN have 2 drinks on the table in front of you at once.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 02:46 AM
haggis

Just remember there's 3 sizes of lager in Scotland... <BR>wee, <BR>not so wee, <BR>and FRIGGIN HUGE! <BR>And only a lass would 'ave the first two.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 02:32 PM
tothetop

for Amy

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 05:55 AM
Al Godon

And only a drunk has the largest drink, repeatedly. <BR>(Bet this stirs Sheila up. She needs it. Haven't seen her oral Claymore in action lately.) <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 06:07 AM
Sheila

Al, you have me all wrong. I'm a pussycat.

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 02:03 PM
topper

!

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 02:13 PM
Tony Hughes

Sheila, I was in Ohio back in June and believe me, no-one stopped me having more than one drink on my table at any of the bars I visited. <BR> <BR>Are you talking from experience?

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 03:03 PM
Sheila

No, I was having a brainstorm. It was Utah, not Ohio.(not much difference, huh?) Friends of mine were there last year and had 2 problems. One related to the kids (age 6 and 2). They were unused to difficulties anywhere else. <BR> <BR>The other was the day when Jane ordered a beer, and the waiter asked if the glass with still an inch in it was hers, becasue if it was he was not allowed to get her another one. Caused major hilarity, but also a little upset. Apparently it's State law based on the Mormon code.