Kroller-Muller museum and Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in going to this museum and the Hoge Veluwe park. but whatever I read about it is not clear as to how you get around or to the park if you don't ride a bike or have a car.

can you get from visitors center to museum by ????

any info appreciated.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 05:57 AM

There's a bus that takes you from town to the park. I did the trip this way about 5 years ago and followed the Rick Steves' guidebook instructions. It was easy. ONce there, grab one of the free bikes and wheel yourself around.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 07:14 AM

A convenient way is to go via the Dutch Railways special plan of rail transport and bus link and museum entrance fee. Not sure it is always offered but ask at train informations. Otherwise you can rail to Arnhem and get buses or rail to Otterloo (?) and similar bus. Off season not sure about buses so ask first. There are free bikes once inside the vast dune-like park. buses take you right to the museum, known for its horde of Van Gogh works, and outdoor statue park.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:12 AM

I have visited the museum and park several times, the latest was May last year.

As previous posts, you could take train to Arnhem, take bus in front of train station and change bus one more time, the bus driver will help the direction.

The bus stops right outside museum entrance, after the visit,you could either take the free bike or walk along the numerous pathes-lovely to walk in spring and fall.

To me,the museum is a must whenever visiting The Netherlands.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 03:35 PM

I'm afraid you just missed a great shuttle service from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam directly to the Kroller-Muller museum (it ended on Oct. 12). Perhaps you can call them directly and find out if they extended the shuttle service?

The park is very big, and while you can walk around, you won't get very far if you don't ride a bike. (I don't, which is why I was so thrilled with the shuttle that took me directly to the museum). Still, it's a nice walk; the sculpture garden is great, and the museum is simply a must.