krakow connection from airport to center

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Arriving Krakow @ 20:00 (8 PM) in the beginning of June. What is the best way to get to Hotel Francuski or Hotel Polski pod Bialym Orlem (did not decided yet on hotel)?
2. What is the average price for taxi or other transportation? How safe is the tram from Airport to Center.
3. Any recommendation on hotel.
4. Leaving Krakow @ 8:00 at morning, so I should be at the airport at 6:00. What is the best way to go from the hotel and what kind of transportation
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 04:04 AM

http://www.krakowairport.pl/en/60/4/176/Dojazd

you'll pay 10-15 eur for a taxi ride. both hotels are 10 min from the railway station. the train is very safe.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 08:44 AM

I think it depends on your budget, I took a taxi when I needed to get to an early flight. There wasn't much traffic, so the ride was quick. It's about 15 km and takes about 30 minutes, so I think I paid a little more than what would be 10 euro. Maybe 15 euro. They didn't have the train when I went, though, so that wasn't an option for me, but it still wouldn't have been worth it to me to get to the train station and then take the train, as the taxi fare isn't that much (to me, I don't consider that bad at all for a ride to an airport).
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM

We've just came back from Krakow.
We stayed at Crakowdays www.cracowdays.com. Loved it!

The owner of the place arranges a taxi for us (4 people) for 18 Euros. We had two rooms on the first floor for 78 euros a night (one double, one twin): clean, roomy with excellent bathroom! You have an access to Internet whenever you need (the computer is right the in the lobby.

You can have breakfast for 6 euro, if you wish.
I would highly recommend this place. Very close to the old center (5-10 min walk); the owner gave us the maps with restaurants where we can get 10% discount if we show a room key. We dined in 2 -- "Nostalgia" and "Farina" - both - excellent choice.

Have fun in Krakow!
Do not miss Salt Mines!
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 08:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi lisa - to get there, take the taxi.

we paid about 75 pzl = €15 - arranged by our accommodation, which curiously enough was also Crakowdays. I thought that it was quite reasonable for the distance.

the frankuski is quite central and for a one night stay, I'd want to be as central as possible, which cracowdays certaily is not. to get back, the station is a short walk/tram-ride from the francuski, and you could get the train to the airport.

Matroskin - I suspect that you were more enamoured of crakowdays than we were. When were you there?

regards, ann
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM

April 8-11
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi matroskin,

did you not tire of the walk down to the town - AND back up again? I agree that the accommodation itself was very nice, but the area was a bit run down and when you are doing so much walking anyway, that street was really a pain. literally as I got a nasty blister!

I think that it would have been useful if they had explained the trams a bit more and gave us a tram map. by the time we'd worked them out - and they are wonderful - it was time to come home! details of how to get a travel card would also have been a good idea.

but perhaps i'm being picky?

regards, ann

PS - I agree about the salt mines - definitely a highlight of the trip.
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 02:59 AM

Not really; we are used to such distances, and kids did not mind either.

We bought a family travel card (next to nothing) for 3 days and since those trams run every 2-3 minutes, we were actually enjoying taking different kind of tram every time. The travel card also worked for our trip to Salt Mines.
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your comments. Now I have better idea what to do with my transfers