Korcula, Mljet or ??? Crotia, help needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2006, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We only have 1 day to visit the islands off Dubrovnik. We'd love some recommendations please plus how to get there. We'll be there early in September. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 10:05 AM

We are also interested in day trips, etc. from Dubrovnik as we'll be there in mid October.

Tks.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 10:11 AM

Hi, I write from zagreb, Croatia.
if you have one more day in Dubrovnik I would visit the island of Korcula, town Korcula, but only with a boat trip so you get to see the Elafiti islands on the way.
If you decide to drive then you drive either north to the peninsula Peljesac, there is a place called Mali Ston that is very picturesque and ther is a great, great, great restaurant callet Captains House (Kapetanova kuca).
If you drive southbound, visit Cavtat.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestion Iana13. We think we will go by boat, so we will be able to see the Elafiti islands too. Do you think we would have to book the trip before arriving in Dubrovnik, or just book it when we arrive? We are very much looking forward to coming to your country. Thanyou for any help you can give us.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 12:31 AM

If you only have one day, then the easiest option is to take Jadrolinija's ship to Lopud, Kolocep or Sipan. Each of them is idyllic. There are three or four sailings a day, so you can visit two islands, spend all day on one of them or just do a half day trip. The schedule is on www.jadrolinija.hr.
You can also get to Mljet by fast catamaran (www.alpex.hr).
If you want an organised tour, travel agents in Dubrovnik offer various day trips: try www.atlas-croatia.com.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:39 AM

I've been to Mali Ston and actually there are 2 good restaurants there. We ate at one and enjoyed it very much. (I don't remember which one.)

You can check my web site for a description of that trip. Maybe it will help you in your planning.

http://www.travel.stv77.com/croatia/croatia.htm

LANA13 -
I have a question for you... We will be in Zadar for a day or two in October. Which islands do you recommend visiting?
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Geoff H & sssteve, much appreciate your help. We're now following up that info.