COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

KLM shuttle from CDG

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:21 AM
di

KLM shuttle from CDG

I've come across this mentioned in a number of posts regarding transportion from CDG to Paris center. Only mentioned. It is supposed to be similar to the Air France bus but takes you directly to your hotel. I can't seem to find any further info and was wondering if anyone has details- i.e. Does it still exist? Is it only for KLM passengers? Which terminal does it leave from? Where can it be found?...etc.

Old May 30th, 2002, 07:20 AM
vic

Hi,

This message was posted early in May:

"For less than $10 (65 FF), the Air France bus will take to you to any of several points in downtown Paris where you can pick up a taxi, the metro (or if you're lucky, nothing but your feet) to get to your final destination. You can pick up this bus right outside the terminal at the first door, as you exit customs. Another option is the KLM bus, which costs around $13 (90 FF) but will drop you off directly at your hotel. You can pick up this bus outside of Gate 26 in Terminal 1."

Hope it helps

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 06:56 AM
di

Thank you Vic. I'm still having trouble finding more detailed info on this. Does anyone know if you have to fly KLM in order to use the KLM shuttle, if not, does it require reservations?

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 07:41 AM
Jim Rosenberg

They have, at times, handed out flyers for the KLM bus in Terminal 1 at CDG. I presume they are still operating, but I can't tell you for a fact. No, it was never required that you fly KLM to use it and it was not a reservation-type thing. I would suggest just asking at a KLM counter when you arrive. If it isn't operating or it's not convenient to your plans, you can just opt for the RER, Air France bus + metro/cab or just take a taxi from the airport to your hotel. (If you have more than one person, the advantage of doing the bus thing begins to diminish, since it is a per-head deal.)

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 07:42 AM
Boots

Di,
The KLM van no longer exists. I looked for it again in March, but it had closed down. Only NWA and KLM passengers were supposed to use it, but I did come in on SAS from Copenhagen once and used it.
Boots

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 08:03 AM
di

Thanks so much Jim and Boots. Now I have all the details. I guess we will not be taking the KLM bus.