kilkenny

Old Jan 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kilkenny

Anyone have any ideas on where to stay in or near Kilkenny on the night of Easter?
Thanks
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 06:41 AM

Hi smm319, it depends a lot on what type of place you want ( B&B, hotel, hostel etc)

You might want to re-post with something a little more specific in the title, "nice B&B outside Kilkenny" "lodging central to Kilkenny" etc

People have been very helpful to me in planning my trip, but I think it will help if you are a little more specific, give them more information.

Have you checked Trip Advisor?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:42 AM
tod

smm319 - We are heading to Kilkenny in May but don't need accomm. However, my trusty "Drive around Ireland" recommends The Hibernian Hotel, 1 Ormonde street, Kilkenny. Tel: 056 777 1888 - Fax: 056 777 1877. email: [email protected]

Remarks:
'You will feel like a millionaire in this richly renovated bank building right in the heart of town, a stone's throw away from Kilkenny Castle. The splendid interior retains its stained glass windows and grand central staicase. Rooms are smart and comfortable, with sleek bathrooms and roomy showers. Those facing Patrick street, once a Bank directors' offices, have grand marble fireplaces and good views over the town: others are located in a recent addition. The panelled Victorian banking hall is now a spacious breakfast, lunch & tea room. There are two bars, the popular Jacobs Cottage restaurant and on-site parkin".

That is the one and only hotel listed under Kilkenny but if you can't get in at this late stage I'm sure they will pass you on to other accommodation in the area.
Best of luck!
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:48 AM

My favorite place is Alcantra B&B, though I don't know if they will be open. The hosts are delightful, and it is located a couple blocks from city centre.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 08:01 AM

We stayed at the Park Villa and were very happy. The B&B is about 10 minutes walk from the center of town, the breakfast is really good, and the owners were very friendly and fun to chat with.

http://www.kilkennybedandbreakfast.com/

Tracy
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 08:21 AM

What's your budget?. Kilkenny has great hotels. Obviously more expenive than B&Bs but I would recommend the following - Langtons, Rivercourt, the Ormonde -all in the town center. Also the Newpark & Hotel Kilkenny, a short walk from the town center.