Reload this Page >

Kensington House/Rooms Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:20 AM
geith

Any comments on Kensington House or Kensington Rooms Hotels in London?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:52 AM
ron

geith, you have been asking about hotels in the Kensington area since the first of December, at least --- and have been getting responses.<BR><BR>Perhaps if you could tell us what your problem is in finding a place, we could be more helpful?

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:19 PM
xxx

And in fact he asked this SAME question previously. Gieth: you don't have to start a new thread every time you lose your old ones. You can search for them and bring them to the top yourself if you want more input.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:20 PM
ttt

topping for Geith who &quot;doesn't need any help&quot;

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:11 PM
geith

I would if the search engine worked. Even if I type in the exact title it brings up nothing. I know this isn't just the case with me as there is a current thread about it in the United States forum.<BR><BR>So, for all of you clever guys who enjoy talking about my repeated posts while you repeated correct me, get a clue.<BR><BR>For Ron: I haven't gotten ANY responses on Kensington, but thanks for playing. Jack, do we have a gift for this contestant.<BR><BR>Think from now on I'll just post completely anonymous like you sharp lads do.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:11 PM
ron

I don't know, geith, London gets 30 million overnight visitors a year. During the month that you have been asking about various hotels without giving any feedback on the responses, some 2.5 million people have successfully found hotel rooms. Probably 99.99% did this without any help from Fodors. For some reason, you haven't, even with help. As I said before, Perhaps if you could tell us what your problem is in finding a place, we could be more helpful?

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:29 PM
geith

OK, Ron, read carefully.<BR><BR>I was looking for information on specific hotels, not any old one. I made requests for advice on specific hotels and got some great tips, which led me to a new search, at which time I abandoned that one even though the toppers kept topping it. Then I posted again about two specific hotels. I asked for advice on them. Got none. Posted again due to the lousy search engine. That's OK. Understand now? I've actually made a final choice, so you needed be concerned anymore. Just a hunch, but are you are in the travel biz?<BR><BR>Thanks anyway.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:32 PM
geith

Oh, and I always say &quot;thank you.&quot; But, of course, you failed to &quot;read&quot; that.<BR><BR>I think A TON of people find hotels from Fodors. You are quite wrong.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:52 PM
that is how

geith - obviously the search engine has worked well enough for several of us to find all your old threads. Or did you think everyone just paged back through weeks of info just to find you little questions?<BR><BR>You have asked about so many hotels and not aknowledged anyone's answers. (BTW - I found a few of your threads by just entering &quot;geith&quot; in the text search box)

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:05 PM
janis

It looks like a semi-feud is developing between geith and some who are annoyed by him.<BR><BR>I don't have a horse in this race - but geith, all of your questions do seem to be pretty similar. &quot;Hotel such and such - any comments?&quot;<BR><BR>Well that is not a lot to work with, and you do not need to start a new thread every time you think of a new wrinkle to your questions.<BR><BR>But in your defense - many newbies do not know how the forums work. You could have found your threads fairly easily by plugging your name into the search box. Even if they have not been indexed, that will usually work.<BR><BR>Asking the same sort of questions over and over is not terribly productive. maybe if you had given us some info about when you are going, your budget, etc we might have been able to give you more usable answers.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:58 AM
topper

ttt

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:40 AM
good old geith

I enjoy posters like geith. He don't use the search engine, is too lazy to scroll down the threads to find his own multiple repetitive posts, he ignores earlier posters who tried to help, and then gets indignent and attacks people who politely try to give him a clue.<BR><BR>Nice guy. I wonder why no one is bothering to help him anymore?

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:18 AM
Christina

The search engine always works pretty well for me, the only problem I have is with very recent posts that aren't indexed, that's all. Once in a great while it isn't working at all for a day or so, but that's not the norm.<BR><BR>I do work with computers a lot and have been on the internet (both personal and professional) since it began, so maybe that's why I can search fairly well, but there are only a couple tips to know. A lot of people on Fodors don't know how to search at all, so they complain about it on US board. They can't search Google, either, they can't search anything. Others seem to be able to search pretty well, as they demonstrated in this saga.<BR><BR>The only search tips you need in most cases on Fodors are:<BR>1) don't use special characters like apostrophes etc in your search word<BR>2) one word searches usually work better than two, at least produce more specific, accurate results -- I can almost always think of a single word that will get the post I want, and then I read the results to narrow them down if there are some more than needed<BR>3) you have to press the right country for the search, also, in addition to the word<BR> <BR>If you did work with computers and the internet a lot, Geith, you would know that typing in the exact title (espec a long, complicated title with special characters), as you say you did, is NOT a good way to search on most web sites.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:20 PM
Chapps

I'm on Geith's side. The search engine that supports this site is awful. One of my messages got lost for two days - nothing I searched on would bring it up. Then I ran one of the exact same searches today, and there it was. Frommer's message boards have much better technology under the hood.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
xxx

But Chapps - did you post 8 threads and get snotty when you couldn't find them? This forum may not be the most advanced - but Frommer's is almost unusable.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:22 PM
come on

My in laws stayed at the Kensington House Hotel this past summer. They reported it to be very nice, modern decor, convenient and a good 4 star value.<BR><BR>OK, I'll ask. Why does someone keep topping for geith &quot;who doesn't need any help?&quot; <BR><BR>The guy has a truncated style but his requests are very specific and he thanks people who respond with genuine information. He didn't get testy until someone started crabbing at him about posting too many questions about hotels in South Kensington.<BR><BR>The search engine here is very spotty.<BR><BR>Lighten up people.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:40 PM
janis

Come on: To answer your question the reason for all the &quot;doesn't need any help&quot;'s is because geith responded with the fact that he is &quot;VERY competant on this board and doesn't need any help&quot; after several people nicely topped all his threads for him. He had been unable to find any of them so he just kept starting new threads. I think he ended up with 7 or 8 basically identical threads. none of which he could locate -- even thoiugh others had no trouble.<BR><BR>