katikies or perivolas

Search

katikies or perivolas

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
katikies or perivolas

i will be travelling to Greece in June with my two sons 21 and 19 years old. We will be staying in the Grande Bretagne in Athens, the Santa Marina in Mykonos and either the Katikies or Perivolas in Santorini. Help! I can't decide which one to pick. Please give me any input that you have on both of the hotels both positive and negative that might help me make a decision. Also, does anyone know anything about the Mykonos Theonenix hotel. I might split up our stay in Mykonos 1/2 at the beach the other 1/2 in the town.I would be staying in the town for 2 nights so the Belvedere is out. They have a three night minimum that time of year. Thanks for the help Donna
G
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 05:34 PM

You really have 4 choices in Oia since the Katikies is actually 3 separate locations, the Villas, Hotel and newly renamed Kirini. Of the three I think the Hotel is best, but for me Perivolas beats all Katikies properties (but not by much). It's friendly and less-formal. Is just depends on what you want. Perivolas and the Katikies Hotel are practically next door to each other so there's no difference in the view. Service is excellent at both. I know this info isn't very specific, but if price isn't a factor go with Perivolas.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 01:02 AM

Hi!
Many years now I am visiting Santorini and more specifically Kamari. It is a seaside village. There are many things to do. You can swim in the black beach, you can drink cocktails in the bars next to the sea, you can have dinner in a restaurant or you can enjoy yourself in a night club!
One of favorite hotels is Blue Waves Hotel. It is very nice and clean! It is a family business.
If you need extra information you can visit this web site:
www.bluewaveshotel.gr
If you need information about Santorini or Kamari visit this web site:
www.santorini-kamari.gr

Have fun!
Moschoula
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM

We stayed at Perivolas last October for our honeymoon. It was absolutely fabulous and probably a better choice than Katikies for young adults, since it's less formal and more laid back.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM

What's the rough starting price for a double-room at Perivolas? It's nowhere on their website. Perhaps this hotel is of the type, "If you have to ask, then you can't afford it" !
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:55 PM

You'll have to send an email for that information. Be sure to ask for all 3 properties, the Suites, Villas and Kirini.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 09:22 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. In my last post I was referring to Katikies, not Perivolas.

This website has some prices for Perivolas but I'd still email them to verify:

http://mykonos-accommodation.com/santorini-ia.htm
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:00 AM

I emailed them to find out prices before we went. We stayed in the most basic accomodation and I think it was around $400-$500 a night -- so not cheap! But we did not feel at all like we would have needed something one tier up in terms of their accomodation and the stay was really fabulous. Another thing to be aware of, they don't take credit card and they require a payment in advance. It sounds very sketchy, but in fact, it's not. I had a dear friend go to Perivolas the month before us, or else I would never have been willing to send a check like that in advance! But she vouched for it and so it felt okay. Having now done it myself and been there, it is completely legit. But it does mean having to come up with the cash, rather than rely on credit. I think they require a "down payment" of sorts in advance to reserve the room and then you pay the balance upon check out. They'll take a check prior to your arrival, but once you're there I think it has to be dollars or euros. When you email for prices, she'll clarify all of this.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM

Both of the properties have very strict deposit and cancellation policies as most of the deluxe and A class properties on Santorini do.

If the minimum category is not available, then it could run over $500 per night. I believe that Perivolas will include transfers in their price. You can email the hotels directly and they will tell you what is available for your exact days, and how to arrange transfers in advance since that is very important. If it important to you, you may also find out if they typically have families with college age kids, if that is important.

I don't think you will find much negatvie information on either, but you can check on www.tripadvisor.com for reviews.

Also check the ferry schedule since I am not sure it goes every day in June.