Search

Karpathos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 07:52 PM
Laura

Karpathos

Leaving for Greece August 6th and flying to Crete, from there we want to visit the island of Karpathos to see the people living the old way of life. I was informed that there are no accomodations left on Karpathos for my dates. Could someone recommend any modestly priced, decent accomodation on Rhodes? Thanks, Laura

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:46 AM
karpathian

Actually, there are always accommodations in karpathos. They may not be listed on the internet b/c they are remote. The beach at ayio nikolaos has a hotel at the tavern. NO A/C, but a beautiful beach and village. The village of Olymbos is the most old-fashioned. The women still work in their traditional costumes and wear their necklaces made of gold coins.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:26 AM
EP

Laura, did you see the answers Karpathian and I gave you to your earlier post? Please, don´t change your destination. And if you do, I personally like even Crete better than Rhodes. It is easier to find less touristy places there.<BR><BR>There are "Rooms for rent" places also in Karpathos just like in all the Greek islands. I believe the place that gave you that information only keeps track of hotels in Pigadia. There are rooms for rent places even in Olymbos (I believe I misspelled the name in my last post). I know because I stayed in one. It belonged to the head master of the little village school. And you cannot see anywhere else the lifestyle that people of Olymbos have.

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 08:07 PM
cmt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been curious about Karpathos for a long time, and I'm hoping that some people might offer comments based on their experiences there.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM
cmt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any recent (or not recent) experiences on Karpathos?