Crete small beach hotel

Search

Crete small beach hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crete small beach hotel

I am planning a trip to Crete and I am looking for a small cute hotel on the beach, possibly a beach with sand. Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 06:19 PM

http://www.matala-apartments.com/
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 05:23 AM

what about this palce here at the Southcoast of Crete.........
for more information please contact me under my email,
best regards from Crete
Harald

The old Cretan fishing village of Plakias with its little harbour, lies in a particularly beautiful landscape between the blue Libyan Sea and vast majestic mountains that edge down to one of the loveliest bays on the south coast. It is about one and a half hour?s drive from Chania or Heraklion. Many years ago, there were only a few houses, but today, because of its delightful setting, the village has spread to cater for the growing numbers of tourists, who have told each other of this special place that they have found. However, it still retains its particular Cretan character and has kept its laid back charm. The bay has a long sand and shingle beach between headlands that gets sandier the farther you go from the village. Not far from the old harbour are tiny bays and small coves where you can find quiet spots to sun bathe and swim. Boats sail daily to a variety of beaches, some of which have a good selection of water sports and the whole area is ideal for swimming, and sun bathing in a blissfully uncrowded setting. There is a variety of amenities for visitors and surrounding mountainous countryside. For short trips with minimum effort there is Preveli, the Venetian fortress at Frangokastello and the Minoan site at Phaistos are all well worth a visit. Further afield to the east you may like to visit the cliff caves of Matala and the ancient Roman capital of Gortys, or to the west the picturesque old town of Rethymno and the atmospheric old Monastery of Arkadi.
A real small family complex, 28 studios only, in Southcrete, situated at the east end of the bay of Plakias,
Totally quiet, 150 m up from the sandy beach with beautiful views to the sea,the bay,hills, mountain
Villages and the place Plakias.All the studios are in traditional stile,a small fridge,aircondition,private facilities with shower + a balcony mostly with nice views.Breakfast room + terrace, reception, a small bar
+ a separate room for groups are available.Snorkeling,diving,but also walks to the monastery of Preveli, the
mountain villages and 2 gorges in the surrounding are possible,in spring especially the plants,the flowers, often unique. Its with breakfast
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 03:23 PM

have a look at Loutro, Souyia and Paleochora too. And you might get some guidance on www.explorecrete.com
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, so many choices...I see first I need to select the location and it seems that the south and west part of the island are the one with smaller or more traditional villages, correct ? I do not want one of this huge hotel of the north.
Anyone familiar with Viglia Apartments in Kissamos ? Or Pavlakis beach apartment or Ammos hotel in Chania ?

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:25 PM

Anyplace on Crete where the water is accessible at nice beaches you're going to find some development, both small and luxury. Once you choose the area you want to visit you'll be able to find something in your budget no matter what it is. That being said, in general, the south coast is where you'll find smaller and more traditional seaside villages. Agia Galini and Matala are two such locations.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Ouzo

The south and west of Crete is an excellent place to go but there are no 'traditional' villages on the coast, places like Paleochora, Loutro are small resort villages, with in the main rooms for rent places and small hotels. The three apartment places you mention are not in villages at all and seem to be rather expensive. Most smaller places don't have an internet presence. You can, out of peak season, just turn up in any place on Crete and look around for accomodation and bargain the price down for something you fancy.

Old Sep 18th, 2004, 10:43 PM

Hi, I am the property representative for http://www.pavlakisbeach.com. Take a look, and if you have have any question just mail me. Pavlakis Beach are, just a small very special hotel, were you have a chance to see the real Crete. Greetings from Sweden (I live here, but I love Crete). Dragica
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 04:35 AM

I absolutely could not resist your heading, WilliamFra. Are you, by any chance, old enough to have seen the Disney movie, "The Moon Spinners"? Hi Sheila. J.