Reload this Page >

Karaoke Bars in Paris

Search

Karaoke Bars in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Lynda

Karaoke Bars in Paris

Does anybody know if there are any karaoke bars in Paris?

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 10:28 PM
xxx

Buy a copy of Pariscope the weekly Paris what's on upon your arrival. A lot of Karaoke Bars listed there. Costs about 0.40 Euro.<BR>Have fun!

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 06:01 AM
amy

On the Blvd. St. Germain across the street from Les Deux Magots/Le Flore cafes is a pub with a karaoke bar downstairs. Even though we've been there around three times,I forget the name (good thing I'm not a travel agent for a living). I know there's a Pub Saint-Germain, but I'm unsure if this is the name of this place. <BR><BR>It's basically a mussels/frites/thousand-brands-of-beer place. The Karaoke is populated mainly by students who have not only been very sweet to us "old" people (we were spectators only) but were just darling to my teenager when we took her.<BR><BR>My husband and I happened upon it on our first visit to Paris, and we thought that in addition to a religious concert at the Eglise d'Isle de St. Louis, it was the most fabulous memory of our trip. It was great to see what the kids were choosing to sing.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:02 PM

This is great!Topping!!

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Paris

we were there too maybe Brassier Lipp??

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:31 PM
amy

Yes, Paris, I think that's it. Hope you had a good time there, too.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:58 PM
karaoke

So, what were they singing, can you fill us in?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 03:33 AM
amy

Given that American music is playing in the background everywhere (especially in French taxicabs!), it was nice to see that American music was not the center of this karaoke. Please don't get me wrong--I love US music, but it's nice to experience "foreign" in a foreign country.<BR><BR>In addition to the obvious French top 40 hits, I'd say at least 33% were British pop tunes. The karaoke singers were French, though. My daughter had been part of a US/Brit exchange the year before and knew many of the songs.<BR><BR>We're wondering if this situation occurs because the students now travel so much between London and Paris because of the convenience of the Chunnel.<BR><BR>And I know you're dying to know--no, not once in our three times there did anyone sing French Canadian Celine Dion. Madonna, yes; Celine, no. Funny, right? Peter Gabriel was still a favorite.