geith

K WEST

anyone stay here? is it worth it?

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:25 PM
ttt

topping for Geith who "doesn't need any help"

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:46 PM
Preston

My wife and I stayed there in September. We booked from Expedia. Staff is very amateur and very arrogant for being a hotel that should be based on customer service. The rooms are very hip and spacious and we wish that it would have been in a better location.. The price was right of about $120.00 US. but being in the business they have a very long way to go!!! I still might write the CEO of the renowned hotel chain because it still pisses me off.....Never again..

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:45 AM
Rachel

We stayed there in September as well. I agree about the staff - really quite useless. The rooms themselves were terrific, especially for London, with a great rate of $99US. And we actually enjoyed the Shepherd's Bush area for dining and drinks (Terrific wine bar - Albertine's, great French bistro - Balzac and others) but also agree that it was certainly away from the major tourist spots. Easy access to the tube, but got extremely concerned when a tube strike was threatened as we were out in Zone 2 and taxis would have cost us a fortune!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:45 AM
Mabel

We found the staff to be downright snotty to us. We were never comfortable there at all, and we found it very irritating when we overheard their snide remarks about our white sneakers and pink jogging suits. Such arrogance. We ARE Americans after all and should be accorded more respect from these people. If it hadn't been for US they would all be speaking German right now!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:45 PM
Marlena

I am so happy that I have found this post!! I to stayed there in September and I could not believe the downright arrogance of the staff..It was beyond anything I have ever experienced and I am a very seasoned traveller with a great attitude and can roll with about anything but this was the most LOSER staff I have ever seen!!! I am writing to the CEO and attaching these posts so he will know that it isn't just me!!! Rooms were great, Location was a little off the beaten path but if the Tube is running no problem..

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:45 PM
Aha!

Gee, reading these comments, one can only hope geith chose K West. It would serve him right. Afteall - he "doesn't need any help"

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:29 PM
Bobbi

<BR>MABEL <BR>Ok the staff was beyond arrogant but at a time in history when a majority of the people dislikes us as Americans, LET&quot;S NOT PISS OFF THE BRITS ALSO with your high almighty stance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
Santa Chiara

Funny, I stayed there twice in October, and I didn't find the staff arrogant at all.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 09:42 AM
geith

tttt

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Bridget

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe that others have had the same experience that we did!!! We were there in October for 3 nights and we thought they were the longest 3 nights of our life. Staff is beyond rude. First of all, You are a Hotel employee not a guest. Your job is to make the customer happy. They went out of there way to be so Damn Rude that it became a joke. The GM was out everytime we tryed to let him know the situation with no call back or nothing.. We were looking for a hidden camera to see if someone was playing a HUGE joke on us but no. Cool Hotel, nice rooms but never again!!!!!!

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 02:00 PM
trevor

wow,I want to go this hotel to see how bad it really is.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Stephen Kyjak Lane

To all who have posted comments about the hotel; as the GM I would say sorry to those who have not enjoyed their stay and thank goodness for that; to those that have.<BR>We opened as K WEST in the fall of 2001 with a new staff and not all of the rooms on line.<BR>We now have all the rooms refurbished and we are shortly to complete the restaurant.<BR>We welcome guests of any and every nationality and if any of my colleagues is arrogant then please let me know directly. It is inexscusable under any circumstances.<BR>We do try always to provide guest delight and if we fail please again let me know and I shall do my very best to put it right.<BR>In a nutshell what we aim to do is offer contemporary accommodation together with great service at a price lower than our competitors. <BR>I look forward to welcoming every one of you that chooses to stay with us and would be delighted to answer any questions via Email for you all.<BR>With best regards<BR>Stephen<BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Karen

Hi- looking into spas in London- the spa here came up? Anyone used it?<BR><BR>I want to go and get pampered-ykwim?<BR>I appreciate Stephens letter- but I don't want to be looked down on when on Vacation.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Santa Chiara

Again, I have not had the experience others had. I love this hotel. Granted, no one falls all over you trying to be your new best friend, but that's not what I check into a hotel for, anyway. I have always received excellent and professional treatment.<BR><BR>The spa is great, too. I worked out in the gym, and I had a pedicure, so I didn't have the full spa treatment. Prices were high for my budget, but not out of line for London.