JWard, please reply

Old Feb 17th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JWard, please reply

I notice you are on your second trip to Tuscany. I want to rent a house just as you are. How did you choose San G...what is it like? How did you find the house to rent and is it feasible to do for 2 adults?

Thank youo for any advice!
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
do you have any idea how many fodorites know about renting villas and houses in Tuscany?

You would get a lot more help if your title said what you wanted instead of asking for a specific person.
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 02:33 AM

Maybe Happy wanted to speak to JWard?
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

If you are out their JWard, please reply.

No offense to others, but instead of having repeat posts, I do my homework by searching posts,in this case, using "villa rentals" in the search field, read them all and investigate the url's recommended that appeal to me. Occasionally,I detect comments that are warm, trusworthy and very close to what I am looking for that require a bit more detail. Thus I choose to connect with the poster directly.

Again,if you are out their JWard, please reply.

Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I you must talk only w/ JWard - then the way to do it is to post to a recent thread where JWard has posted.

Most people check back on threads they are active on . . .
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Happy1,
Sorry I am just now responding, I had not checked the board in a few days. When we choose the house we are staying in I considered several factors. The first was location. On our first trip to Tuscany we spent the night in a different town each night. We enjoyed it, but decided on our next trip we would stay in one place. We enjoyed both Southern Tuscany, Pienze, Montalcino, Bagno Vignale area, as well as teh Chianti region. Therefore, we wanted to be based some where in between so all areas were not much more than an hours drive at most. We also choose San G. because we loved the feel of the town at night after the tour buses have left.
I used the slowtrav website to read reviews of different agencies and houses until I determined what we were looking for. We have opted to go with La Bella Toscana and one of their two bedroom two bath properties about .3 miles outside of one of the gates to San G. We decided that we wanted to be very close, walking distance, to a town, but not inside the city walls, mainly for easy and convenince of parking.
We are paying $897 E for the week, for a detached 2br/2bath house, with a swimming pool, although we will not use the pool in April. It appears to be in good shape and got good reviews on Slowtrav. WE are going in Mid April and I will send a trip report on our return. Please post if you have any quesions.
jward