Tammy

Just back from Venice, Amalfi and Rome.

Any questions?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 01:41 PM
xxx

Yes

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Rebecca

Hi-<BR><BR>I heard the Amalfi coast is terrific from my doctor. What is great about it? I had planned to visit Florence,<BR>Siena, Rome and Cinque Terra, but not Naples (we'll be covering many areas in 5 weeks).<BR><BR> Thanks!<BR><BR> Rebecca

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Marty

Tammy, I have been to Italy several times in the last few years, but never to the Amalfi Coast. In what order did you travel? We are doing Venice, Positano, then Rome to fly out. Did you take the train from Venice to Naples? What transportation did you take to Amalfi? Give me some details on your transportation if you would.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Stacey

Tammy, I am leaving for Italy on Tuesday, I am traveling alone and was wondering if you have any suggestions for lodging in Venice or Padua area. Not too expensive, but decent. Thanks.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:16 AM
donna

I will be going to Rome in Sept. for 3 days and then driving to the Amalfi Coast for a week. I would appreciate any tips whatsoever regarding, what to do, where to eat, driving tips, etc. Thank you

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Tammy

Rebecca,<BR>The views from the coastal road, the vertically place towns and the beautiful deep blue water.<BR><BR>Marty,<BR>Order of travel:<BR>Venice, Amalfi and Rome. We flew into Rome on USAir from the states, connected to Venice on Alitalia, flew on Alpi Eagles from Venice to Naples and were transferred to Amalfi by car service Flavio Gioia. We used the car service to return to Rome for our flight home.<BR><BR>Stacy,<BR>I'm sorry I cannot help you with your accommodations. Our hotel was moderate to expensive.<BR><BR>Donna,<BR>The most fantastic thing we did was rent a boat in Amalfi and cruise to Capri. We did not dock at Capri; we anchored in a small cove on the southern side of the Island near the three rock formations. This side of the island is almost pre-historic looking. The water where we anchored was a very beautiful place to enjoy the lunch and libations our hotel packed for us.<BR>