Just back from 4 night in rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as anyone who has been to Rome knowns, its a wonderful city that draws you back again and again, i just want to tell you about a wonderful little restaurant we ate in (twice) ill keep it short. Piazza Margana, tiny triangular piazza, ivy covered buildings. La Taverna Degli Amici, sublime.
directly across the street a tiny wine bar to have a nice bottle (or two) of wine before dinner. Pure HEAVEN. Please try and enjoy.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 08:06 AM

Thanks for this - hoping to go to Rome in mid February. Slightly confused so is the restuarant the La Taverna Degli Amerci found in The Piazza Margana? What did you have to eat and what made it so special?
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Try the deep fried zuccini flowers stuffed with ricotta cheese and herbs, or the chicken Catchatori (sp) which was beyond belief, also their squid or their pasta with Artichoke, and i had the nicest fillet steak ever. the list is endless Steve, and the wine list in great. As i said we went there twice, and my parents are going again in January. Make sure to book a table. and please visit the Wine Bar across the street, the wines are on shelves around u, like a small cozy library. and the staff are so friendly. ENJOY
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Original Poster

Apologies Steve, i didnt specify where this restaurant was (i was so caught up in the memories of the food) its a short walk from the Vittoria Emanuelle building (or the wedding cake as romans like to call it) standing in front of this building vere to the left and head into the jewish ghetto and thats where you will find it.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 02:18 AM

Thanks Clarice.
Given that we are going for four nights any tips on making the best of a short trip - woulds and wuddents?
Steve
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

i know its probably top of you and your patrners list but the Pantheon in breathtaking, especially in the rain. Hard to believe its so old. be prepared to strain your kneck. Have a wonderful trip, i am envious.