Search

Just airports

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just airports

It seems that justairports.com is the most popular airport transfer service here. They certainly seem to be the cheapest but they have a 40minute clause upon landing that is scaring me.

How long does it take to get out of Heathrow? And do I need to book days in advance for justairports or can I just call them to book upon arrival?

Old May 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I hit the button too soon. I've also read about Swiss Cottage Cars here but can't seem to find any contact details. Can anyone please help me so I can compare with justairports. Thanks.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:13 AM

OK, not to be too harsh, but the idea at Heathrow as far as I am concerned, is to get out of there as quickly as possible, it is a horrible airport. The quickest and easiest way to get anywhere in London from Heathrow is the tube. Yes, it is hot, usually fairly crowded, and overpriced. But it is certainly the quickest......
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:40 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
In my experience, the waiting time allowed by justairports is adequate, and even if something extraordinary happens (as it did to us when we ended up in a different terminal from our baggage, and our driver took us to the correct one), the extra charge still makes it cheaper than a taxi.

You don't want to call on arrival. You want the guy with the sign with your name on it waiting for you just past customs so you can get on your way in to London right away. In my experience, though, you can book as late as the day before your trip.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:05 AM

The Tube is "overpriced" compared to a car service?????
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Googled it.

http://www.swisscottagecars.com/
Phone: 020 7433 1000
311 Finchley Rd
London, NW3 6HE, United Kingdom

Another suggestion is Ray Skinner's London Transfers:

http://london-transfers.com/

I've used Ray's service a number of times and he's great.

But justairports is a bit cheaper and I've used and recommended them exclusively for the last 3 years. Haven't ever had an issue with the 40 minute wait clause. Which isn't to say it can't happen but I strongly suspect you'd have heard about it here since this service gets used so often.

Absolutely book ahead. In fact call directly and make your booking. Others have reported difficulty getting email confirmation from justairports. I also had that problem with Ray Skinner. Skip that anxiety and call.

Absolutely request the cash price from whatever service you use. It will be lower than using a credit card. You can get cash from an ATM as soon as you arrive if you aren't bringing it with you.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The tube is the cheapest exit from Heathrow but "quickest and easiest" is debatable!
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:29 AM

I think most of the car service companies have a similar clause. It's also from the actual time the plane lands, not the scheduled time, so if the flight is running late, that doesn't have any impact on the 40 min.

We used them and had no problem with the 40 minutes. They were right outside the luggage area, exactly where they told us they would be.